Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penske to Run McLaughlin in IndyCar Races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske to Run McLaughlin in IndyCar Races?

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...-race/4651524/

After talking to Dario Franchitti, Penske and Dario concluded that it would take less time for SM to get up to speed in IndyCar than in NASCAR. I'm surprised by that, as I've always believed that the transition from tintops to Formula cars is much more difficult than any transition within stock/touring cars. And from what I understand, the Aussie Supercars are fairly close to NASCAR in terms of weight and handling characteristics.

But obviously Dario and Roger know much better than me, so perhaps my pet theory is wrong. Unless they're basing the decsion on the competition level and the size of the field in NASCAR vs IndyCar, rather than the difficulty of changing disciplines.
    Last edited by neti1; 01-15-2020, 12:13 PM.

Now, there are probably a few folk here who would make a snarky comment about moving a needle, but not me. Those Supercar folk are mental.
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post
      Now, there are probably a few folk here who would make a snarky comment about moving a needle, but not me. Those Supercar folk are mental.
      It would certainly boost the chances of an Australian IndyCar race. And would hopefully produce a significant increase in IndyCar's Australian TV audience.

Comment

I'm thinking about coming to the Indy GP this year and as a Supercars fan, I'd love to see Scott running in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post

Comment

Does this mean that Castroneves is out of a ride for Indy?

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
              Does this mean that Castroneves is out of a ride for Indy?
              I think his Indy 500 ride is all but 100% guaranteed. I think Cindric said there's a possibility that Scott might Indy GP race but not the Indy 500.
              "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Scotty has a Supercar race on qualfiying weekend. Mid Ohio or Road America would make the most sense based on gaps in the Indycar/IMSA/Supercars schedules lining up.

Comment

No conflict July 4th weekend. Xfinity road race seems plausable, too. In the house that Roger owns...
                  "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Penske continues to do nothing for young Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by vintage View Post

Comment

Not sure if joking or just wants attention....
                        "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post

Not sure if joking or just wants attention....
                          Since 2007 he has run a total of 2 Americans - Allmendinger for a few races in 2013 and Newgarden. Never run an Indy Lights program. Newgarden is an exception to the rule here.

Comment

How is it the responsibiliy of Penske to Look after young Americans?

Comment

Since 2007 he has run a total of 2 Americans - Allmendinger for a few races in 2013 and Newgarden. Never run an Indy Lights program. Newgarden is an exception to the rule here.
                              Penske had a great Lights team in CART.

RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X