Tips for St. Pete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for St. Pete

Got my tickets....turn 1. Any tips for the weekend?

If you need a break from the heat while doing a walk-about the parking garage has shade and support race team pits, the lobby of the Dali Museum is air conditioned.
    Go up to the north end of the course to get close to the track and watch the hands as they negotiate the tight corners.
    If you are a snowbird, sunscreen.
    Enjoy the day.

Comment

the hotels the south side of the skyway are just one stop, the toll booth and 25 minutes to the track,, no stop lights,, and cheaper, Ellenton,,,,
      I love the sport more than I hate the past,

Comment

Originally posted by paper View Post
        the hotels the south side of the skyway are just one stop, the toll booth and 25 minutes to the track,, no stop lights,, and cheaper, Ellenton,,,,
        I have been thinking about you Pat. I am here now at my father's side at Manatee Memorial Hospital. His place is about a mile from you. We had Bbq at Hickory Hollow yesterday.

I wish I could stop by and see you but am flying back tomorrow.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

The Hollander hotel has a great craft beer selection...
          "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

I have never been to an Indycar race other than the 500. This will be my 31st straight year there. I have recently sold my business and have time on my hands to do some things I haven't been able to do over the years. I have a daughter that lives in the St. Petersburg area and I've decided to do to the race this year. I know nothing about going to other tracks. With that in mind, should I just buy general admission tickets and roam around? I could definitely use recommendations.
            ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by JEffDoll View Post
              I have never been to an Indycar race other than the 500. This will be my 31st straight year there. I have recently sold my business and have time on my hands to do some things I haven't been able to do over the years. I have a daughter that lives in the St. Petersburg area and I've decided to do to the race this year. I know nothing about going to other tracks. With that in mind, should I just buy general admission tickets and roam around? I could definitely use recommendations.
              ​​​
              In my experience, general admission is not good at St. Pete. Buy a ticket in one of the turns and enjoy the race.

Comment

And I differ; St. Pete is a great track to roam around in.
                "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

It is a good rack for walking, during practice and the support races. Once I went to the race with folks that didn’t want reserved seats.
                  Get a seat, across from a video screen. Corner one or at the end of the back straight.
                  Road/street races have all day activity with different classes running. You’ll want to walk but have a “home base” you know is there reserved and waiting.

Comment

walk up and down Beach Dr.. never know who you might see. Seems several teams like 400 beach and tap house for dinner. Ran into RHR at Tryst one year. The Canopy bar has been closed the last few years on Thursday for a Drivers Party. Stay for driver introductions and you get to walk across the track to your seats

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloves99 View Post
                      Got my tickets....turn 1. Any tips for the weekend?
                      Get the paddock passes and walk throught the pits some. Gratzzi's Italian restaurant across from the Hilton has a lot of racing celebrities on Friday and Saturday night.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X