Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonspeed + Hanley for St.Pete

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...dycar/4651046/
    I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
    Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

This guy has been around many years. I remember him from Renaul series and than must have been 15 years ago.

Comment

Probably looking at Colin Braun for Indy and Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
        Probably looking at Colin Braun for Indy and Texas.
        Rumor is they're looking at drivers with "more experience" for at least some of the races (Jones? King? Enerson? Leist? Claman DeMelo?)

Interesting choice of words of "more experience" rather than "veteran".

Comment

Originally posted by drdisque View Post

Rumor is they're looking at drivers with "more experience" for at least some of the races (Jones? King? Enerson? Leist? Claman DeMelo?)

Interesting choice of words of "more experience" rather than "veteran".
          Going back to Indianapolis with the driver you had there last year, would have made more sense if they were looking for more "experience" and someone the team was familiar with. 4 of those 5 you mentioned don't have any more Indy experience then Hanley does. There really aren't many "experienced" drivers out there, who would likely have much interest in DragonSpeed. For example, I don't think Spencer Pigot would be in play here. I think he makes a lot of sense at Carlin for May as Chilton's teammate (and would be the oval driver in Chilton's car in the series). But not a bottom-tier startup team.

Since Hanley wasn't announced for anything besides the season opener, I don't think he's in play for Indy this year.

Marshall Pruett described Braun as being "experienced" on ovals. And he was mentioned in the same paragraph as DragonSpeed. And he's already racing for DragonSpeed. And he's a Texas native and that's also another race that DragonSpeed is doing in 2020.

I think it will be Braun in the 81 in May.

Comment

If you were them and King or Leist brought a bigger check would you go with them over Braun?

I would.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

Going back to Indianapolis with the driver you had there last year, would have made more sense if they were looking for more "experience" and someone the team was familiar with. 4 of those 5 you mentioned don't have any more Indy experience then Hanley does. There really aren't many "experienced" drivers out there, who would likely have much interest in DragonSpeed. For example, I don't think Spencer Pigot would be in play here. I think he makes a lot of sense at Carlin for May as Chilton's teammate (and would be the oval driver in Chilton's car in the series). But not a bottom-tier startup team.

Since Hanley wasn't announced for anything besides the season opener, I don't think he's in play for Indy this year.

Marshall Pruett described Braun as being "experienced" on ovals. And he was mentioned in the same paragraph as DragonSpeed. And he's already racing for DragonSpeed. And he's a Texas native and that's also another race that DragonSpeed is doing in 2020.

I think it will be Braun in the 81 in May.
              Considering Braun has some funding from local companies in Texas, with him being from there, as well as his extensive experience in ovals running in NASCAR, I wonder if it is indeed Braun in the 81 car for ovals. However, it was pretty cool to see an underdog in Hanley acquaint himself well at Indy, making the race, and being faster than a few drivers in qualifying, considering he had been out of car racing for a few years, only running karts and Pirelli tests.
              "Lyrically, I'm Mario Andretti on the mo-mo" - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Originally posted by drdisque View Post
                If you were them and King or Leist brought a bigger check would you go with them over Braun?

I would.
                Considering how lost Leist has been on ovals, I'd stay far away from him check or not.

I've seen very little evidence or heard very little about King for May this year. That might have been one and done as far as him and Indy goes.

I think both are pursuing other avenues in racing right now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X