Dreyer and Reinbold news on Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreyer and Reinbold news on Racer

Planning four races for 2020. Looks like Sage and JR.

https://racer.com/2020/01/07/dreyer-...gram-for-2020/
    Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 63

Comment

Sage for 4, JR for Indy (hopefully)
      Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 63

Comment

Those guys do love Sage.

Comment

Yes, Love the new

Comment

Additional entries is great news for the series. Sure, it's probably a struggle, as evidenced by Juncos, Harding, and others, but it seems things are generally trending in the right direction.

Comment

I used to be a critic of Sage, but I'm getting the impression he's recognized the problems with his past behavior and turned over a new leaf. So I think it's good news that he has another chance to prove himself in IndyCar.

Comment

My first thought was I hope they have a lot of spare parts. I wish them well and would welcome either driver making me eat my words though.

Comment

Unless your funding is tied to having an American in the seat, I’d probably want Munoz for a program like this. No idea if he’s driven anything since losing his ride though.

Comment

More details here, including the confirmation of Sage Karam as the driver.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...es/4420977002/

Comment

Originally posted by Muskie4041 View Post
                      Unless your funding is tied to having an American in the seat, I’d probably want Munoz for a program like this. No idea if he’s driven anything since losing his ride though.
                      I'd rather have Spencer Pigot, but Reinbold is comfortable with Sage, who is probably providing some of the funding as it is.
                      "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by ay1 View Post
                        More details here, including the confirmation of Sage Karam as the driver.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...es/4420977002/
                        Couple takeaways from the nicely written article:
                        1. I didn't see an engine supplier mentioned. Did I miss this or can I assume Chevy?
                        2. Appears the Racer article mentioned Indy GP, but this article makes no mention of the GP?
                        3. Not having a technical partner will be very difficult.
                        4. Reinbold has a realistic approach and understands the team and driver have a lot to learn.

Realistically I feel the team will struggle big time at St. Pete and probably finish in the lower 5th of the field, which actually isn't so bad. Stepping into IndyCar as a new team is a monstrous challenge especially without a technical partner like Carpenter or a Chevy team.
                        I just hope their sponsors have realistic expectations and don't depart on frustration. Because IndyCar is just so damn competitive.
                        Sage is talented but really needs the seat time at Sebring. Of course the testing will pay dividends for the team too. The team needs to just need to bring this program along slowly and realistically to keep it going.

Hope they remember to move the fuel fill to the right side of the car

Comment

Street races in this series, once the green flag drops, are a crap shoot. If you keep the car off the walls and hit on the lucky fuel strategy, you could finish top 10.
                          "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by GMCguy View Post
                            Couple takeaways from the nicely written article:
                            1. I didn't see an engine supplier mentioned. Did I miss this or can I assume Chevy?
                            2. Appears the Racer article mentioned Indy GP, but this article makes no mention of the GP?
                            3. Not having a technical partner will be very difficult.
                            4. Reinbold has a realistic approach and understands the team and driver have a lot to learn.
                            Your "couple" of takeaways looks to be four takeaways.

1. The article made no mention of which engine they will be running.

2. That's not a question, but you are correct about there being no mention of the Indy GP. The article said St. Pete, Toronto and the 500 are the three races planned by the team.

3. True, but most teams do not have a technical partner.

4. The title of the article quotes Reinbold as saying:

“We’ve got a lot to learn,” said Reinbold of his team’s scheduled test next week at Sebring International Raceway...
                            Realistically I feel the team will struggle big time at St. Pete and probably finish in the lower 5th of the field, which actually isn't so bad.
                            Realistically (or theoretically), having eighty percent or more of the field finish ahead of you is actually not good.

Stepping into IndyCar as a new team is a monstrous challenge...
                            True, but Dreyer and Reinbold is not a new team.

The team needs to just need to bring this program along slowly and realistically to keep it going.
                            Realistically, considering they are only doing three races out of the full season, how much more "slowly" can they go?

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Realistically, considering they are only doing three races out of the full season, how much more "slowly" can they go?

As the sponsor checks SLOWLY flow into the program I would assume.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X