Kyle Busch to Indy 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Busch to Indy 500?

Still seems like a stretch at this point but he has reportedly been given approval to run the 500; presumably by Joe Gibbs. Toyota has no problem with him running a Chevrolet but not a Honda.

Here's a video from this weekend. Stranger things have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4qdgA04FAg

If Penske really wants to shake things up, he'd pull out another car and put Kyle in it for Indy --- and talk Ganassi into putting Kurt into a car. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Busch boys would increase the ratings, probably more than Alonzo (at least in the US.)
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

I'm all for it

Comment

That would be great, KB is one of the best ... anywhere.

Comment

Kyle Busch would be interesting mostly since he is the reigning NASCAR champion. To have both him and Alonso on the grid would bring in many North American and international fans. I can't imagine why Penske wouldn't do anything in his power to make this happen.
          "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Kyle Larson instead of Kurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
              I can't imagine why Penske wouldn't do anything in his power to make this happen.
              Because he knows how incredibly talented he is and doesn't want his team competing against him?

Just another reason why Roger needs to pass the reigns of his team to someone else.

The other problem with this is that Chevy has only a couple of better then average teams and only one of them presumably has an open seat for Indy. The 3rd McLaren entry. Other then that, you think Kyle Busch is going to drive for Juncos or Foyt or Carlin? Me either haha

Comment

I hope so, he is the most talented driver I’ve seen in years.
                The artist formally known as 00steven/Little Dingo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                  Kyle Busch would be interesting mostly since he is the reigning NASCAR champion. To have both him and Alonso on the grid would bring in many North American and international fans. I can't imagine why Penske wouldn't do anything in his power to make this happen.
                  They should both run in the Chili Bowl first to see if they are worthy. KB has never run the "500" and FA has been away for a few years and even failed to qualify in his last attempt.

Both need to prove themselves. Make 'em race in Tulsa to see if they have what it takes. I'm all for Chris Bell and Kyle Larson getting first dibs. If these other two guys pan out, OK.

Comment

Originally posted by LowRyter View Post

They should both run in the Chili Bowl first to see if they are worthy. KB has never run the "500" and FA has been away for a few years and even failed to qualify in his last attempt.

Both need to prove themselves. Make 'em race in Tulsa to see if they have what it takes. I'm all for Chris Bell and Kyle Larson getting first dibs. If these other two guys pan out, OK.
                    what about the Chili Bowl is even loosely connected to Indy anymore(other than Daly, Ferrucci and Davison) I'm hoping you were kidding about Alonso proving himself, the guy was a contender his rookie year and was in the mix all day.
                    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
                      Because he knows how incredibly talented he is and doesn't want his team competing against him?
                      Not if Kyle finds himself in a Penske ride. Rumors are that Kyle had seat with Penske a few years ago but Joe Gibbs put a stop to all that. If it brings the series money and another potential winner to the Penske stable then it's a win-win situation no matter what.
                      "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing View Post

what about the Chili Bowl is even loosely connected to Indy anymore(other than Daly, Ferrucci and Davison) I'm hoping you were kidding about Alonso proving himself, the guy was a contender his rookie year and was in the mix all day.
                        You don't understand. Nobody but good ol' Murrican short-track boys deserve to race at Indy, certainly not one o' them they durn stuck-up F1 furriners. Lessen they shed they high-falutin' ways by spendin' some years on good honest all-Murrican dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by LowRyter View Post

1. KB's brother ran the 500 and finished 6th in his first attempt - or did you forget?

2. FA has not been away for "a few years". He failed to qualify LAST YEAR in a pile of garbage provided to him by Carlin and McLaren. In 2018 he led the race before his motor let go. I guess you forgot those things too.

3. What does the Chili Bowl have to do with any of this? Indycars and sprint cars have NOTHING in common other than steering wheels and a lack of fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by neti1 View Post
                            You don't understand. Nobody but good ol' Murrican short-track boys deserve to race at Indy, certainly not one o' them they durn stuck-up F1 furriners. Lessen they shed they high-falutin' ways by spendin' some years on good honest all-Murrican dirt.
                            High-larious as always.

It would be nice to have just one. To run one time a year.

I know that's asking way too much for some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUB 33 View Post

2. FA has not been away for "a few years". He failed to qualify LAST YEAR in a pile of garbage provided to him by Carlin and McLaren.
                              Actually a big reason why he failed to qualify last year is he stuffed it into the turn 3 wall in practice. That's not on his "garbage" team. That's on him.

Up until that point, he was running strong enough to qualify rather easily.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X