Cheever chooses Scheckter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheever chooses Scheckter

According to Curt Cavin at the Indy Star, Scheckter has landed the #52 seat.

Scheckter in the #52

In Eddie's words on Tomas;

"He has put on a show. He has a lot of talent and a lot of speed, but it's his feedback, his technical knowledge and his understanding of the car on ovals that's been so impressive."

...another interesting tid-bit;

Cheever added that he is "80 percent sure" the team will field a third car for the Indianapolis 500.

Cheever confirmed that Max Papis, who won two races in Championship Auto Racing Teams last year, is on a short list of drivers for the Indy ride.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

"Cheever confirmed that Max Papis, who won two races in Championship Auto Racing Teams last year, is on a short list of drivers for the Indy ride."

Oh man, there's gonna be kitty-flips out-the-wahzoo around here. Sure glad I remembered to get beer on the way home.

Go

Comment

I think Papis would be awesome! What do you have against Italian drivers, Eagle?

(P.S. I'd still rather see Memo Gidley)

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
      "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Hey, I weep openly and unashamedly every time one of my Goomba bretheren do well! Just a 'gift', I suppose.

I'd love to see Massimiliano have a good shot at the BorgWarner.

Besides, it's been years since "we" have had an 'Italian' vowel at the end of a winner's name. Since I wasn't around for DePalma, DePaolo, or Petillo...I'm ready!

Ok, basta(enough)...I'm in need of a hankie.

O Solo Mio104

Comment

Posted by Eagle104:
          Besides, it's been years since "we" have had an 'Italian' vowel at the end of a winner's name. Since I wasn't around for DePalma, DePaolo, or Petillo...I'm ready!
          And to think how close we came with Vitollo.

jmart

Comment

Ouch!

Although there was a time when he appeared to be 'on top' of his game.

Comment

I think that the Italian Dallara would relish the opportunity to claim winning both the '02 Rolex 24 AND the '02 Indy 500 with the same Italian driver.

I wonder if they are behind this?

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: rex ]
              "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

I believe he will have Grills-To-Go again for that third Indy entry.
                Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X