X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alonso confirms 500, but no team, "Honda engine no obstruction"

The BBC reported this:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/50624626

Alonso confirms Indy but says both Mclaren and Andretti are his biggest options.
    Interesting tidbit about driving with an Honda engine....

Excellent. Glad to see him back, and hopefully with an Andretti entry.

Comment

Frankly I think Alonso was fair with Honda and McLaren so I don't get the notion of bad blood.

Comment

I would be surprised if he is with any team other than McLaren.

Comment

Not sure why he’d look at anything but Andretti or Penske

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
            Frankly I think Alonso was fair with Honda and McLaren so I don't get the notion of bad blood.
            As I have mentioned more than a few times, the "bad blood" exists between McLaren and Honda.

From my understanding, in the foreseeable future there will be no business dealings between McLaren and Honda.

Alonso is currently a McLaren employee as a Brand Ambassador, so he is covered by that "Ban". That relationship ends Dec. 31. My understanding is once that deal lapses and is announced by Alonso, then a deal could be done for a Honda ride in the 500 with Andretti.

Remember, Honda paid most of Alonso's salary while he was driving a McLaren-Honda F1 car. They know how good he is. And if this could keep him from competing against Honda, so much the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post

As I have mentioned more than a few times, the "bad blood" exists between McLaren and Honda.
              I believe both Miller and Pruett have reported pretty much the same from their sources at HPD. Miller had words to the effect of, American Honda would be happy to have Alonso and Tokyo would allow it as long as McLaren was not involved.

Comment

I'd say that the Andretti team at Indy would be a no-brainer.

Comment

Totally. I would love to see him with AA again!

He definitely would have been in the mix at the end had he not done blowed up. He was coming!

Comment

Originally posted by LowRyter View Post
                    I'd say that the Andretti team at Indy would be a no-brainer.
                    Edumacate me. Is it really that simple?

FA: "Here I am, we're running Indy".
                    MA: "Oh, okay."

Unh-unh. No, it's not.

Negotiations. Contract(s).
                    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post
                      Totally. I would love to see him with AA again!

He definitely would have been in the mix at the end had he not done blowed up. He was coming!
                      I'm with you. When push comes to shove, Honda will want the best drivers they can get; they haven't won since 2017. There is going to be a lot of attention this year with Roger taking over and Honda is going to load their gun with as many bullets as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post
                        Edumacate me. Is it really that simple?

FA: "Here I am, we're running Indy".
                        MA: "Oh, okay."

Unh-unh. No, it's not.

Negotiations. Contract(s).

I'm sure Mike and Fred hope so. But your text has nothing to do with my point comparing AA vs SPAM. That would be a no-brainer IMO. If you're thinking that Fred needs to work out a deal to run Indy, beats the hell outta me. Personally, I'd just as soon see Kyle Larson or Christopher Bell running. Hell, more so for good ol Norman Boy Chris.

As much as I'd like to see the Spaniard run, I don't wanna see him win. But the guy the earns the win will usually get a cheer out of me (except Helio in '02 and Emmo in '98).

Comment

It's not SPAM, please.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_McLaren_SP
                          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain View Post
                            220px-Monty_Python_Live_02-07-14_13_04_42_%2814598710791%29.jpg

not SPAM but Truffle Pate

Comment

But your text has nothing to do with my point comparing AA vs SPAM.
                              Oh. I didn't glean that from "I'd say that the Andretti team at Indy would be a no-brainer."
                              'Replied to similar posts the same and I'd get a reply like "No, they should just sign with (so & so)".
                              Like it's that simple. "I'm here. Prep me a car." Yeah....right....okay....it's that simple.

If you're thinking that Fred needs to work out a deal to run Indy, beats the hell outta me.
                              That's the no-brainer. Anybody that wants to run just the 500 has to work a deal with somebody. shrug.gif (As opposed to somebody already with a full season ride)

As much as I'd like to see the Spaniard run, I don't wanna see him win.
                              Hear ya, 'cept I could give a flyin' floop whether he runs or not. 'Far as I'm concerned he could run, or just fade away, and I wouldn't know the difference. 'Ain't special to me.
                              Now LH on the other hand...he I'd like to see do the 500.

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X