X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debdrake
    replied
    Originally posted by saidhead View Post
    Uh.........how many seats are exactly left??? Assuming Veekay goes to ECR, Santino is back at DCR. I would love to see her come back, just not sure how it can happen.
    Maybe Veekay wants a full season ride? Ed splitting a ride with Simona might be the best thing for both of them.

I'll say... Roger is no dummy, I'm sure he recognizes the publicity value of a female in the series, especially when Nascar doesn't have one.

Leave a comment:

• cheeseczar
    replied
    I'd love to see her back over here. Formula E seems exceedingly popular (though I don't know why...) so she might stay put and
    look for a seat in that series. Too bad. Her 2nd at Houston and her qualifying with the burned hands at Indianapolis were epic efforts in my estimation.

Leave a comment:

• saidhead
    replied
    Since Simona is free of her V8SC contract, perhaps she comes to run with Kat in IMSA with Shank. But I'm sure that depends on what happens with the CAT money/Jackie Heinricher and her "back" problem.

Leave a comment:

• Hitokiri
    replied
    Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post
    I’d love to have Simona back. Katherine Legge also. But I don’t see this happening.
    A few months back Mike Shank did say he would consider putting Katherine in an Indycar for at least the Indy 500. Katherine does drive for his Acura GTD team.

Leave a comment:

• Hitokiri
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    That's pretty much how it works in racing. Generally speaking, if the team, driver, or both, have no money then the chances they'll be on the grid get exceedingly small.
    That is true Spike but you have no idea how many times I've seen a driver/team combination being hoped for or suggested when neither of them have the resources to make it happen.

I'm just spitballin' here, but if you happen to know someone who has internet access you could ask them to look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison.
    Spike, you have internet access. Can you look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Grizzlor
    replied
    Simona was quite competitive when she finally got a decent team (and engine) in 2013 with KV, finished 2nd at Houston. Oh by the way, that was a pre-Bourdais KV as well, she was teamed and frequently outran on road courses with Tony Kanaan. Then the buffoon she has for a manager pulled her out of the series. She was hands-down the best female single seat driver on road courses I've seen yet.

Leave a comment:

• jimclark
    replied
    Originally posted by fenderless View Post
    What did either of these ladies accomplish (other than their participation). I watched Katherine Legge in Cleveland hit the same damn hole three times in a row, the third time broke the suspension. So she survived a high speed crash.
    Agreed. 'Don't understand the exaggerated fandom of women just because they are women. I've never had anything against anybody making it to the big time but to celebrate their mere existence just doesn't cut it for me.
    The only woman, so far, I give serious credit to was Lynn St. James..... I respected her from her early IMSA thru (tho' she didn't do too well in) Indy car days. 'Not only could she walk the walk, she could also talk the talk (I meant it that way, she could speak, knowledgeably, racing lingo as well; unlike, let's say, the not missed, Danica).

Leave a comment:

• jimclark
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    I'm just spitballin' here, but if you happen to know someone who has internet access you could ask them to look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison.
    Nothing to do with her testing schedule tho'...... shrug.gif

Leave a comment:

• happyscrappy-t
    replied
    Second Shank car for Indy only deal would be my guess for the rumor.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Airbox
    replied
    Return of Keith Wiggums?

Leave a comment:

• fenderless
    replied
    What did either of these ladies accomplish (other than their participation). I watched Katherine Legge in Cleveland hit the same damn hole three times in a row, the third time broke the suspension. So she survived a high speed crash.

Leave a comment:

• CouchPilot
    replied
    I’d love to have Simona back. Katherine Legge also. But I don’t see this happening.

Leave a comment:

• TrapperJ
    replied
    Maybe if roger talks Porsche into renewing its interest they may place Simona somewhere

Leave a comment:

• TrapperJ
    replied
    She isn’t racing for Porsche in FE though. She is a development driver

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
    For her to come back that either the team, she, or the combination of the two would probably have to bring a lot of money.
    That's pretty much how it works in racing. Generally speaking, if the team, driver, or both, have no money then the chances they'll be on the grid get exceedingly small.

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
    Plus she is a Porsche Formula E test driver so I don't know how that conflicts with Indycar or if it does at all.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X