Simona!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spike View Post
    That's pretty much how it works in racing. Generally speaking, if the team, driver, or both, have no money then the chances they'll be on the grid get exceedingly small.
    That is true Spike but you have no idea how many times I've seen a driver/team combination being hoped for or suggested when neither of them have the resources to make it happen.

I'm just spitballin' here, but if you happen to know someone who has internet access you could ask them to look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison.
    Spike, you have internet access. Can you look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison? Thanks!

"The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post
      I’d love to have Simona back. Katherine Legge also. But I don’t see this happening.
      A few months back Mike Shank did say he would consider putting Katherine in an Indycar for at least the Indy 500. Katherine does drive for his Acura GTD team.

Comment

Since Simona is free of her V8SC contract, perhaps she comes to run with Kat in IMSA with Shank. But I'm sure that depends on what happens with the CAT money/Jackie Heinricher and her "back" problem.
        http://tuckgraphics.com

Comment

I'd love to see her back over here. Formula E seems exceedingly popular (though I don't know why...) so she might stay put and
          look for a seat in that series. Too bad. Her 2nd at Houston and her qualifying with the burned hands at Indianapolis were epic efforts in my estimation.
          ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by saidhead View Post
            Uh.........how many seats are exactly left??? Assuming Veekay goes to ECR, Santino is back at DCR. I would love to see her come back, just not sure how it can happen.
            Maybe Veekay wants a full season ride? Ed splitting a ride with Simona might be the best thing for both of them.

I'll say... Roger is no dummy, I'm sure he recognizes the publicity value of a female in the series, especially when Nascar doesn't have one.
            I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
              Formula E seems exceedingly popular (though I don't know why...)
              I liiikes it!

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Good for you!
                ...---...

Comment

I meant your "though I don't know why".......not FE....

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

I'd love to see her back over here. Formula E seems exceedingly popular (though I don't know why...) so she might stay put and
                    look for a seat in that series. Too bad. Her 2nd at Houston and her qualifying with the burned hands at Indianapolis were epic efforts in my estimation.
                    I think the attraction of the series is the fact that there's so much going on. The number of manufacturers, teams, and the variety of drivers in the series is attractive. There's also rumors that ALL of the seats in Formula E are paid seats. In other words there are no pay drivers and drivers don't have to bring money in order to drive. This is why when it was reported that Felix Rosenqvist would join Indycar instead of staying in Formula E - some questioned this move. I think Robin Miller even suggested that Felix might have take a pay cut to join Indycar.

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post
                      I meant your "though I don't know why".......not FE....

No worries. I like the noise, the smells, and the looks of today's cars. FE (to me) sound like slot cars.
                      ...---...

Comment

No worries. I like the noise, the smells, and the looks of today's cars. FE (to me) sound like slot cars.
                        To me they sound like dental drills. Which to me ain't good.

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

Maybe Veekay wants a full season ride? Ed splitting a ride with Simona might be the best thing for both of them.

I'll say... Roger is no dummy, I'm sure he recognizes the publicity value of a female in the series, especially when Nascar doesn't have one.
                          That's what my thoughts were too

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake View Post

This illustrates the general issue I have with drivers and teams subsidized by IMS, and female drivers in particular. "Hav[ing] one" is deemed more important than skill level. Should Penske also purchase drivers of certain race, ethnicity, or physical attributes for publicity?

Of course, there are several drivers in IndyCar that are there because of the money they bring, but that's a different discussion.

I suppose some people see value in having a female driver in a pink car because she pats children on the head, signs autographs, and advances a social construct. Me, not so much.

Comment

Would love to see Simona back in IndyCar. She's another Sarah Fisher but a Swiss version.

Comment

Originally posted by damilt View Post
                                Pruett says one Indycar team looking at her
                                Cue up the old Contours (J. Geils cover) "First I look at the purse"

Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X