Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simona!!

Pruett says one Indycar team looking at her
    Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

That would be AWESOME!
    2012 Races: St.Pete, Indianapolis and THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
    2013 Races: Indianapolis and Indyfest 2013
    2014 Races: Popped the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014
    2015 Race: ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
    2016 Races: 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 and Road America!

Comment

Uh.........how many seats are exactly left??? Assuming Veekay goes to ECR, Santino is back at DCR. I would love to see her come back, just not sure how it can happen.
      http://tuckgraphics.com

Comment

For her to come back that either the team, she, or the combination of the two would probably have to bring a lot of money. Plus she is a Porsche Formula E test driver so I don't know how that conflicts with Indycar or if it does at all.
        "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Would love to see Simona and Porky back in the fold!!!
          Is it May yet?
          Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
            For her to come back that either the team, she, or the combination of the two would probably have to bring a lot of money.
            That's pretty much how it works in racing. Generally speaking, if the team, driver, or both, have no money then the chances they'll be on the grid get exceedingly small.

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
            Plus she is a Porsche Formula E test driver so I don't know how that conflicts with Indycar or if it does at all.
            I'm just spitballin' here, but if you happen to know someone who has internet access you could ask them to look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

She isn’t racing for Porsche in FE though. She is a development driver
              Memories of Indy 2012:
              ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
              Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

Maybe if roger talks Porsche into renewing its interest they may place Simona somewhere
                Memories of Indy 2012:
                ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"

abc -
                Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

Comment

I’d love to have Simona back. Katherine Legge also. But I don’t see this happening.

Comment

What did either of these ladies accomplish (other than their participation). I watched Katherine Legge in Cleveland hit the same damn hole three times in a row, the third time broke the suspension. So she survived a high speed crash.
                    "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                    "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Return of Keith Wiggums?

Comment

Second Shank car for Indy only deal would be my guess for the rumor.
                        "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                          I'm just spitballin' here, but if you happen to know someone who has internet access you could ask them to look up the schedules for both for the sake of comparison.
                          Nothing to do with her testing schedule tho'...... shrug.gif
                          "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post
                            What did either of these ladies accomplish (other than their participation). I watched Katherine Legge in Cleveland hit the same damn hole three times in a row, the third time broke the suspension. So she survived a high speed crash.
                            Agreed. 'Don't understand the exaggerated fandom of women just because they are women. I've never had anything against anybody making it to the big time but to celebrate their mere existence just doesn't cut it for me.
                            The only woman, so far, I give serious credit to was Lynn St. James..... I respected her from her early IMSA thru (tho' she didn't do too well in) Indy car days. 'Not only could she walk the walk, she could also talk the talk (I meant it that way, she could speak, knowledgeably, racing lingo as well; unlike, let's say, the not missed, Danica).

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Simona was quite competitive when she finally got a decent team (and engine) in 2013 with KV, finished 2nd at Houston. Oh by the way, that was a pre-Bourdais KV as well, she was teamed and frequently outran on road courses with Tony Kanaan. Then the buffoon she has for a manager pulled her out of the series. She was hands-down the best female single seat driver on road courses I've seen yet.
                              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X