Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penske Entertainment - What are the Top Ten goals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske Entertainment - What are the Top Ten goals?

#1 Get value from the Brickyard 400.

1. Return series to NOLA Motorsports Park
    2. Implement BOP on tow carts
    3. Third tenderloin manufacturer
    4. Thrill Show night on Carb Day with trailer races and car soccer
    5. Increase 2 seater capacities to 4 seater
    6. Fight obesity by renaming it the Diet Coke Lot
    7. Add actual snakes to the Snake Pit
    8. Develop DRS for Paul Tracy
    9. Firestone red sidewall alternates must be used at least once a race weekend on driver scooters
    10. Mouthwash stations by the Yard of Bricks

Comment

The Rick Mears racing school. But first, change the locks.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCP View Post
        6. Fight obesity by renaming it the Diet Coke Lot
        Alright, you got me. This made me actually lol. Thanks for that.

Comment

All Bathrooms to be redone.Lower price of tickets for Practice and Qualifying. You would get a lot more locals. Paying close to 100 dollars for yourself and a couple of kids over 12 does not help attendance on those days. Better food quality. Most people bring their own because it is cheaper but the track options certainly do not make one to try their own stuff. Go to 6pm local time for Fast Friday qualifying. More stuff on infield for kids/Moms to do if not totally into like Dad. I will think of more.

Comment

1) 3rd+ manufacturer
            2)substituting St. Pete for Mid Ohio as an NBC race if St. Pete can't become a 9th network race
            3) Official IndyCar Videogame
            4) more indycar youtube channel content (possibly merge the RoadToIndy TV channel into Indycar's)
            5) more robust support series schedules on race weekends (St. Pete, Gateway and Laguna Seca are good examples and Iowa and Pocono are bad examples)
            6)better negotiated overseas tv deals
            7)doubleheaders with NASCAR Cup
            8) a domestic schedule that starts earlier, ends later or both
            9) bring Fontana back to November evening
            10)more support for Indy Lights
            Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

Comment

All good ones

Comment

Allow kids to accompany bronze badge holders or pass holders into the IMS garages on regular practice days. I would love to buy my son a "mini" bronze badge so that he could go in with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moid View Post
                  Allow kids to accompany bronze badge holders or pass holders into the IMS garages on regular practice days. I would love to buy my son a "mini" bronze badge so that he could go in with me.
                  That's a great idea. The key to growing the sport is getting a new generation of young fans interested.

Comment

1) Influx on Corporate Sponsors on (Races | Purses | Activation)
                    2) 3rd Engine Manufacturer | Maybe 4th?
                    3) Upgrades to IMS (Stand Replacements | Fan Interactive Experiences)
                    4) Integrate Guaranteed Starting Spots to FT Teams for Indianapolis 500 (24/9 rule) | Possibly Go w/ Fastest 33 and have FT Cars that don't make field tag the tail (Ie 34th / 35th starting spots)
                    5) Increase Leaders Circle Entries from 22 to 24
                    6) 12hr Endurance Race w/ lighting upgrades (Infield Only)
                    7) Securing IMSA Dates for 2021 and possible doubleheaders w/ IndyCar in 2021
                    8) Strengthening IndyCar Schedule to include more races
                    9) Increasing Indy 500 Purse
                    10) Re-Vamp Brickyard 400 to include better ideas than current
                    My Heroes are Lloyd Dobbler, Lloyd Christmas, and Lloyd Ruby

Comment

There already is a junior garage pass program in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Moid View Post
                        What is the Junior Garage Credential?

The Junior Garage Credential provides access to the garage area for the little race fan in your life. Children from ages 9-17 are granted access to get up close and personal with their favorite drivers and teams to make memories that will last a lifetime.

Junior Garage Credentials can be purchased by calling the IMS Credential Office at (317) 492-6500 to request an order form. The price of Junior Garage Credential is $75 and the minor must be accompanied by a credentialled parent or legal guardian at all times. Must between the ages of 9-17 years to participate in the Junior Garage Credential program. A waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian in the credentials office before the credential is handed out.

For more information regarding the Junior Garage Credential, please call the IMS Credential Office at (317) 492-6500
                        We flipped our finger to the King of England
                        Stole our country from the Indians
                        With god on our side and guns in our hands
                        We took it for our own!

Comment

I think the first thing he's going to do is line up additional corporate partners. First, he'll nail down the third engine manufacturer, and possibly a fourth. The more manufacturers there are, the better the competition, the more it means to win, and the marketing increases exponentially without costing RP a dime. He'll also get a deal working for an endurance race with IMSA. I think that will happen quickly, especially since he directly mentioned it and the CEO of IMSA John Doonan's comments Monday also tell me that both sides are ready to make this happen and that RP and Doonan have probably discussed this before. They probably already know what they want to do and agree on it. They just have to make it happen.

Next, he'll go to work on the BY400 and come up with a plan to make it a better race and get attendance back in the right direction.

He'll then begin talking to F1 to see about a return. If it can be done, he'll get it done. If RP can't get that done, then F1 simply doesn't want to be here.

Next, he'll start looking at other entertainment possibilities. These are easy things like concerts and such. Doug Boles has already laid the groundwork for this. He'll have more clout in setting things up now, too, especially during the honeymoon period.

I think he'll also start the long game on getting Ford back. Ford's main reason for staying away is now gone. Get Ford back and BIG things happen with the Motown Rivalry back in town. It will be refreshing and energized because it has been really nonexistent in Nascar. It just isn't a thing down there like it used to be. With the Indy 500 as the crown jewel, it will be a thing again.

Third, I think he'll start thinking about capital improvements to the facility.

We list these things like priorities or as if they are in a particular order. The truth is, Roger does these kinds of big things at the same time, so putting them in an order is really not consistent with how he operates. My guess is that he's already gotten the ball rolling on every one of these things, even if just a conversation, for example, with Ford or F1. I'd bet he and Doonan have already laid out a pathway to an endurance race. I think their parallel remarks give that away.

As for Indy and Indycar, he's already had tremendous influence on the rules package, so I can't imagine he'd deviate far from those plans.

Comment

Originally posted by BretEarl View Post
                            All Bathrooms to be redone.Lower price of tickets for Practice and Qualifying. You would get a lot more locals. Paying close to 100 dollars for yourself and a couple of kids over 12 does not help attendance on those days. Better food quality. Most people bring their own because it is cheaper but the track options certainly do not make one to try their own stuff. Go to 6pm local time for Fast Friday qualifying. More stuff on infield for kids/Moms to do if not totally into like Dad. I will think of more.
                            Fast Friday isn't qualifying and IIRC, it does end at 6pm as it stands now.

As for pricing, as a guy with a big family, I get it. But I can spend less on a full day of entertainment at Indy practice or qualifying than I can for 3 hours at a Colts game or 2 hours at a Pacer game. I think the value is already there. I'll be happy if they just hold the line on those prices. The fact they let you bring in your own food and drinks makes it more of a bargain because you have the option. Try bringing a cooler in to Lucas Oil Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by BretEarl View Post
                              All good ones
                              We only need 4.
                              Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X