IMS & Indycar purchase price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMS & Indycar purchase price?

before the deal becomes official, how much do you think the purchase price was?
    post your guess!
    Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

$45 million plus all liabilities.

I was going to say $100m, but the unfortunate truth is I don’t see it being worth that in today’s market

Comment

I doubt it will be announced.
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Wow Penske thinking long term?
        "Some say he once took two pieces of fire, to create a single piece of wood... And that he too is now officially listed as an endangered species..."

Comment

Owning IMS is probably most of the value....I don't think the series was worth much. Since the track will never be converted to something else, you will have to compare to it how much another track of that size is worth and then add some extra $$$ for the historical value.

Comment

My guess is 2 Billion.

Comment

Originally posted by raskav View Post
              My guess is 2 Billion.
              Nascar and ISC together is likely not worth that much. And they are worth far more than IMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Thompson View Post
                $45 million plus all liabilities.

I was going to say $100m, but the unfortunate truth is I don’t see it being worth that in today’s market
                I like that as a guess, that would be similar to mine as well. I doubt we'll ever know though.
                World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

One Million Dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post
                    One Million Dollars
                    requires a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJR1H5tf5wE

Comment

Originally posted by Shake speare View Post
                      Thanks I was too lazy to look that up!

I really don't expect the number to be announced. I would expect that 99% of what he paid was for IMS, and very little was paid for ownership of the series.

Comment

Pensive just said the purchase price will remain undisclosed between private companies "at this time".

Comment

150 million.

Someone posted on FB that Penske purchased IMS as a defense from potential hostile take-overs. Idle speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by 38special View Post

Nascar and ISC together is likely not worth that much. And they are worth far more than IMS.
                            NASCAR just bought ISC for 2 billion.
                            Obivously, that amount is dirt cheap since basically they are two parts of same company.

I think IMS alone could be worth a billion. Just the land itself and more importantly, Penske is going to develop the hell out of the venue.

Think about this. Brand new stadium for baseball or football often costs more than 500 million to 1 billion (think of the new stadium for Dallas Cowboys)
                            IMS dwarfs them in terms of size and capacity.

Comment

We'll never find out officially but I'm sure eventually a number will get printed by Robin L Miller (or someone similar) and we can all bicker over how accurate it is.

I'll guess... $1 bil. I could see it being lower or higher.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X