No announcement yet.

Penske buys the Indianapolis Motor Speedway & IndyCar series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got to admit that of all the years I've followed or been on Trackforum, the biggest news possible arrived with the least speculation? That is a life lesson if ever there was one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post

I read an article a year or two ago where he talked about his succession plans. If I recall, both Greg and Roger Jr. are being groomed to take over. I think Jay is off doing his own thing (he currently owns such entities as Rolling Stone).
      I didn't know about Roger, Jr., I knew about Greg being on the board of several Penske Companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by millrace View Post
        I've got to admit that of all the years I've followed or been on Trackforum, the biggest news possible arrived with the least speculation? That is a life lesson if ever there was one.
        Who knew the silly season involved ownership of IMS and Indycar?
        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

• This is pretty much Roger's legacy after he is gone. His family is now in charge of open wheel racing in America.

Comment

• I think Roger deserves a promotion.
            Should we now call him The General?
            Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

• Will El Capitan do "Drivers start your engines" and then scramble down to the pit box?
              Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

• Probably should be Admiral.
                It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

• Originally posted by raskav View Post
                  I think Roger deserves a promotion.
                  Should we now call him The General?
                  At least. Maybe Pope.

Comment

• Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
                    Will El Capitan do "Drivers start your engines" and then scramble down to the pit box?
                    Have the President of IMS do it, like Wilbur Shaw did back in the day.
                    It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

• Well the off season was a bit boring.....until today

Comment

• Indycar as a division of a bigger motorsports league seems likely to follow. It probably won't be too bad until Penske sells. Speedway may build a racing theme park or something. At the very least some new hotels and conference center in town and maybe a huge expansion of the museum.
                        Things will never be the same. Look for big big changes at the track related to increasing a national entertainment draw, that is my guess.

Comment

• Certainly wasn't expecting to wake up to this, but it makes all the sense in the world. I think the series and speedway are in good hands.
                          Indianapolis 500s attended: 13
                          Brickyard 400s attended: 13
                          USAC/ WoO etc. races: 48

Comment

• Champ Car was owned by team owners, was it not? Don't see the big deal, Penske Corp is separate from Team Penske. Not ideal from the Series perspective, but not unprecedented.

open-uri20120929-28886-84ivlf.jpg
                            Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Comment

• My cousin went to Shaker Heights High School in Cleveland with Roger.
                              She's always said everyone knew back then he'd be a very successful person in business.

Comment

• We all kinda knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Congratulations Mr Penske

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X