• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nascarnation View Post
    Link to streaming of press conference 11:00 am EST
    https://www.indianapolismotorspeedwa...rporation-2019
    ...---...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post

This is not like Roger Penske staged a hostile takeover and kicked them out.
      maybe they're not kicked out at all. maybe they're shareholders in "entertainment" in order to lower rp's capital outlay and continue to distribute profits because the guy is great high level management and profitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSJLW View Post
        People forget that Penske has TWO sons...His older son is kind of out of the spotlight but is heavily involved with Penske Corp including being on the board of several Penske Companies. They would probably use the Penske name and have a group run it, including Greg Penske.
        I read an article a year or two ago where he talked about his succession plans. If I recall, both Greg and Roger Jr. are being groomed to take over. I think Jay is off doing his own thing (he currently owns such entities as Rolling Stone).
        Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

• Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post

I don't care if he continues to race in the top two series of NASCAR, but they (NASCAR) need to leave IMS now. They have worn out their welcome, and nobody cares anymore.
          They will stay as long as the money is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post

I don't care if he continues to race in the top two series of NASCAR, but they (NASCAR) need to leave IMS now. They have worn out their welcome, and nobody cares anymore.
            Judging from the size of the crowd at Texas on Sunday, I'm not sure anyone cares about NASCAR anymore. Seriously, though, I agree with you. I wouldn't mind seeing the Brickyard retired and if there ever was a good time for that to happen, it would be now - during this period of regime change.
            Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

• All parties involved did an impressive job of keeping the lid on this. Even the racing media "insiders" seem surprised this morning.
              Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

• Stunned at this news.
                But, if I trust anyone else to run IMS, it is Roger Penske.
                Hulman family, thank you for saving open wheel racing in America and helping it thrive.

Comment

• will he change it away from being a spec series?

Comment

• If Roger changes the regulations to allow his 209 pushrod to be legal and the Menard V6, I'm all in
                    RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

• I can't wait for the broadcasts.... great day here at PMS
                      Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                        I don’t see any mention of the dirt track... but I assume that’s included.

Two tracks for the price of one?
                        Ever seen a yacht without a dinghy?

Comment

• Originally posted by racer47201 View Post
                          will he change it away from being a spec series?
                          Well the Captain retails just about every automotive brand in the universe. So if he takes that path, he's got all the right phone numbers to dial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                            True story???
                            I first saw it on the Indycar website so.....

He’s owned the place for years, may as well cut out the middleman and actually buy it!

Shocked it’s penske, but I have a feeling it may not be the final sale. I see a consolidation of either SMI or whomever eventually buys NASCAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by racer47201 View Post
                              will he change it away from being a spec series?

That would be a quick way to kill the series, so let's hope not.
                              If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Comment

• When they said Roger Penske owns Indy, now they really mean it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X