No announcement yet.

Penske buys the Indianapolis Motor Speedway & IndyCar series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that this is the best news regarding IndyCar since reunification.

Like him or not everything Roger does is first class, my only concern is his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
      It's felt pretty darned clear for awhile that the Hulman-George family has been looking to get out. We've all heard the rumors and while this might have been a slow burning fire, the saying "where there's smoke, there's fire" held true. The real question all along was who would they sell to? I'm okay with Penske taking over. Would people rather see NASCAR in charge? I get that Roger Penske can be a polarizing figure, but the guy knows how to run a successful organization(s). He also clearly loves the 500. The Hulman-George family owned the track for nearly 74 years. I really think it was time for a change. For whatever reason, they no longer appeared to have the same "zest" they once had. Maybe it was purely a matter of finances, but I think it was also a change in priorities. I'm thankful that when they decided to sell, they decided to sell to someone who has a passion for the track and the series.
      whose to say he wont be selling it to nascar

Comment

Originally posted by billt View Post

whose to say he wont be selling it to nascar

I doubt that will happen.

Comment

This is honestly best-case scenario. The Hulman's have been looking to get out and there's no better combination of shrewd businessman and love for indycar and Indy specifically than RP. An era ends, but the outlook for the track longer term just got rosier.

Comment

Every time I've entered the Speedway, I've had that "Back Home Again in Indiana" feeling and felt that the Hulman family was welcoming me.

I wonder what it will feel like when I get there in May..........

Comment

Team wins Indy 500
              Team wins series championship
              Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
              Takes over ownership of IMS and Indycar

yeah, 2019 has been a pretty good year for the captain

Comment

If Roger runs IMS and Indy Car like he runs all of his other businesses, (I have no reason to believe he wont), it will be a first class operation...
                KEEP POUNDIN' THE ROCK

Comment

Originally posted by OpenWheelSnob87 View Post
                  This is honestly best-case scenario. The Hulman's have been looking to get out and there's no better combination of shrewd businessman and love for indycar and Indy specifically than RP. An era ends, but the outlook for the track longer term just got rosier.
                  I agree. It's hard to think of another individual who has the combination of money, organization, and passion. Whether people want to admit it or not - the clock has been ticking on the Hulman-George family for probably about a decade. They were going to sell when everything finally lined up to allow a sale. This is not like Roger Penske staged a hostile takeover and kicked them out.
                  Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post
                    I feel that this is the best news regarding IndyCar since reunification.

Like him or not everything Roger does is first class, my only concern is his age.
                    I'm trusting in Roger's ability to surround himself with the right people. Besides, he looks damn good for 80+.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Office personnel meeting at 10am.

Comment

Well, that was unexpected...
                        I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                        Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

O.M.G.
                          The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ4ever View Post

Why is it hard to believe? It is being circulated by multiple news agencies and there is a press conference scheduled. What am I missing here??
                            I had no opinion on what others should believe. At the time I posted that, with only one source reporting it, I personally found it hard for me to believe, in light of the decades of hearing this same rumor over and over. Sorry if that got your knickers in a twist.

Obviously, now, it seems clear it’s true.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyj View Post
                              Team wins Indy 500
                              Team wins series championship
                              Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
                              Takes over ownership of IMS and Indycar

yeah, 2019 has been a pretty good year for the captain
                              He also picked up the DPi championship this year and has a shot at the NASCAR championship with the #22!
                              Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post

He did a better job than everyone else.
                                Acid dipped cars, turbo cars to insane levels, push rod beasts. Sounds like setting the standards to me.

This is someone with passion for the sport care taking for the sport. I was shocked by this, but I'm happy too.

Better than some capital investment firm who would just completely remove what they think doesn't work because it doesn't earn enough profit.

No more splits now?

I'm AA fan, but I have nothing but the upmost respect for Roger and what he's done for auto racing in general.

This is a good thing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X