No announcement yet.

Penske buys the Indianapolis Motor Speedway & IndyCar series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just just thinking out loud, I'm already finding holes in my theory as I'm typing this but, Roger "steps down" from the the race team and hands all control to Tim Cindric and concentrates fully on growing IndyCar.
    To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
    ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
    #ParkedIt

Comment

Wow. I'm pretty speechless.
      Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

I don't know what to say...or write.
        It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

So guy buys Indy, INDYCAR, etc. And still competes in it? That seems fair? In my book, he must stop his involvement with the race team completely.

count me as gone if he still competes

Comment

Surprising news that I never really thought would come. I'm truly excited to see where it all goes from here. So many good folks on the ship, I hope the new leadership continues to employ them and support their efforts to build this thing into something even bigger and better.
            "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by TeamFoyt View Post
              So guy buys Indy, INDYCAR, etc. And still competes in it? That seems fair? In my book, he must stop his involvement with the race team completely.

Bye, Felecia.

Comment

I think this may be the first "I'm gone if..." post of this thread. Congrats!
                To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
                ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
                #ParkedIt

Comment

Originally posted by billt View Post
                  I wouldnt trust roger penske as far as I could throw him. he went with the cart side on the split instead of the 500. we need a local owner not one like this
                  Yeah, but he was one of the first to realize and remedy that mistake.

I've never been a Penske fan, and this is a sad day for an Indianapolis institution -- but out of all the sale possibilities, this is the least worrisome to me. Roger "knows what Indy means." Hopefully my instincts are correct.
                  No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCarSeries View Post
                    I think this may be the first "I'm gone if..." post of this thread. Congrats!
                    If I had a nickel for every "gone if" statement on TF I'd be buying IMS today! (well maybe one of those nice polo shirts anyway)
                    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Did you sit out the years Tony George owned Vision?

Comment

This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure.
                        professional assessor of sanity

Comment

Originally posted by turbomattk View Post

Bye, Felecia.
                          (Cough) (Cough) Ed (Cough) Carpenter (Cough)

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                            Roger "knows what Indy means."
                            Let's just hope his inevitable successors do too.

First thing I'd do is double down on Boles...

Comment

So, onto the important question:

Will Roger stop referring to IndyCar as "The League" now?

Comment

sad day in motorsports-sold to a guy that ruined every type of racing he's been involved in except NASCAR [Trans Am,Can Am,Indy car]and he's been working on that

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X