Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Bigger Crowd : Barber or Petit LeMans

What do y’all think .

Which one is the granddaddy of Road Racing in Dixie ?

My vote goes to Barber. Petit looks like it had a decent crowd but doubtful it’s the 50k ish Barber draws

Originally posted by RahalsMustache View Post
    What do y’all think .

Which one is the granddaddy of Road Racing in Dixie ?

My vote goes to Barber. Petit looks like it had a decent crowd but doubtful it’s the 50k ish Barber draws
    My vote goes to Petit. I've been to both - admittedly not recently - but from my recollection Petit is a lot like Sebring in that it gets a lot of infield campers and is a week-long party. I don't recall as much camping or motorhoming at Barber.

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Definitely Petite. I’m currently here and there is a lot more. The infield is FULL and there’s a decent pit on the backstretch on the outside.
      To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
      ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
      #ParkedIt

Comment

Isn't Cup on the Roval now the biggest road race in the south?
        Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Can’t believe people would go to Petit on a glorious college football Saturday in the south.

Comment

Can’t believe people would go to Petit on a glorious college football Saturday in the south.
            Great day for a kickball game too.
            RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

People who camp have TVs to keep up with their beloved teams.

Comment

It wasn't glorious for this UGA fan....
                http://tuckgraphics.com

Comment

I raced at Road Atlanta this year and it was definitely packed. What a race. Great from start to end in all classes. That track is not for the timid. It is very fast and has a few high commitment blind turns. Loved racing there.

Barber gets a good crowd, but Petit Le Mans is a marquee event.
                  And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Petit Lemans....it was one of the major events on the sportscar calendar ever since it began.

Comment

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
                      Isn't Cup on the Roval now the biggest road race in the south?
                      No it is not, Petit certainly draws more, and Barber is probably even with the Roval
                      World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post
                        Petit Lemans....it was one of the major events on the sportscar calendar ever since it began.
                        Was? 'Still is. Even got Risi outa' mothballs...
                        "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

What's "foot" "ball"??? Oh yeah. doh.gifThat silly brown thing some people play with when there's a break between sessions.

Me? Just gimme sumpin' to munch and another beer please....(maybe a port-o-john visit).....

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X