Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glamping reduced, Luxury RV pads added . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glamping reduced, Luxury RV pads added . . .

It seems that the some of the "Glamping" area at the Speedway is going to be converted into luxury RV pads. More than a few glamping attendees from last year have been informed they will not be able to renew, and the 'Tiny Houses' are gone. Speculation is that 10(+) RV pads will be built along the infield straightaway. Don't know if this will be for public consumption or team related users only. Certainly won't be a cheap rental considering the revenue they are giving up to install these. Makes a lot of sense from a utility point of view, in addition to 500 weekend, with there being four road course events next year, they will be desirable to a certain audience. Anybody aware if other changes are in the works?
    "A lot of information on the Internet quickly occupies niche spaces, for specialized audiences, which use it for their own purposes."

Wish they'd allow infield camping Fri-Sun of Qualy weekend.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

When you think about it the cabin require maintenance, the pads cost nothing. Smart money move by IMS

Comment

I've thought for a while that IMS was behind the times when it came to premium RV parking. Some tracks around the country have impressive RV accommodations with full hook-ups and a view of the track. Even the participant RV lot - while just steps from the garage area - is simple and primitive.

It should be noted, RV'ing is not the 'poor man's vacation' anymore. I think a premium RV lot at IMS would fill up as soon as it goes on sale.
        Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post

It should be noted, RV'ing is not the 'poor man's vacation' anymore. I think a premium RV lot at IMS would fill up as soon as it goes on sale.
          I second this thought!
          World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

NASCAR fans have been asking for this for years. Wasnt there talk of adding RV parking along the outside of the backstretch. Anyone that has been to a NASCAR race has seen the rows upon rows of class A RV’s at the track. They are nothing like years ago but there are still tons of them. One year at Dover I gave up counting at 300. I used to spend thursday to monday at Dover both weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
              Wish they'd allow infield camping Fri-Sun of Qualy weekend.
              That's be cool, or north 40. They had worker camping there for the SCCa runoffs and brought in a shower truck, it would be nice to be within the IMS fences.

Comment

Originally posted by mke View Post

That's be cool, or north 40. They had worker camping there for the SCCa runoffs and brought in a shower truck, it would be nice to be within the IMS fences.
                They did it at the first SVRA weekend too, I camped inside turn 3 and watched the IndyCar race from Texas on the jumbotron. Next morning I unzipped my tent to see the Pagoda, it was a pretty good weekend. They've done infield camping for the Indy GP the last couple years too. I did it the first year and it was a fantastic time, on Thursday Boles took the campers on a tour of the facility and Pagoda, on Friday night he brought Little Al, Hinch, Daly, Rahal, Kanaan, Rutherford, and maybe a couple other drivers over and they gave a little talk for all the campers, sharing Indy memories and such. I think it was pretty cheap too, maybe $40 for the camping. Highly recommend it, getting to spend 24+ hours at IMS is just wonderful.
                If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonW77 View Post
                  <snip> Next morning I unzipped my tent to see the Pagoda...
                  Last time I unzipped my tent I saw the Washington Monument!

"Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

There's a Mammoth Cave joke in here somewhere, but I'll stop while I'm ahead...
                    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                    --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post
                      There's a Mammoth Cave joke in here somewhere, but I'll stop while I'm ahead...
                      Last edited by fenderless; Yesterday, 10:53 AM.
                      "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

For several years now I have parked my RV at El Loues Mobile Home Park behind B Grandstand. I take it the weekend before the Grand Prix so I can attend all month long.
                        I have full service for a very cheap price. There is nothing like having coffee in the mornings and listening to the cars on the track.
                        I have talked to Doug Boles on two occasions about the Speedway building an RV area with full service and allow camping all month.
                        He has never responded.

Comment

I hate being ignored.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X