New Opportunity for Indycar in Rio???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Opportunity for Indycar in Rio???

MotoGP is contracted to return to Rio de Janeiro at the new Rio Motorpark track for the 2022 season. The track is to be completed in 2021.

https://us.motorsport.com/motogp/new...rpark/4555736/

The track is private. They are looking for other events. Could Indycar be one of them? MotoGP safety standards should easily dovetail with Indycar safety standards. Time zone isn't an issue. Early spring would certainly be possible.

EGhH6CHXoAEoAme?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Another spring event would be great.

Comment

How wide is it?
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

2 passing zones?
        "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

It looks like it wouldn't take much work to turn it into a tricky triangle.

But on that theme--this is not the old Jacarepagua site. Since most of the Olympic venues are, predictably, in ruins now, maybe they can flatten whatever was there and rebuild the EmmOval.
          You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by dalz View Post
            It like it wouldn't take much work to turn it into a trick triangle.
            That was my first thought.

"George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I’m proud of indycar for keeping this quiet until now. There are a number of Brazil rumors floating around. At least they haven’t commented this time.
              We're gonna go extinct, and we're gonna do it drinking scotch and driving muscle cars.

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
                2 passing zones?
                First and last turns, and the last turn would be iffy.
                The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Pretty epic go-kart track at the bottom of the pic....
                  "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by smuff76 View Post
                    I’m proud of indycar for keeping this quiet until now.
                    Keeping what quiet?

And what do mean when you say, ..."until now," exactly? When and/or where did the series say anything re this track?
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                      Pretty epic go-kart track at the bottom of the pic....
                      Like the Taylor boys' driveway
                      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

This track has been rumored to be in the running for F1 after the current contract with Interlagos (Autódromo José Carlos Pace) expires in 2020.

Rio Motorpark has also been the subject of controversy; charges that the company that won the bid to construct the track did not have adequate financial means to even bid, much less win.

https://motomatters.com/news/2019/10...s_part_of.html

https://grandepremio.com.br/f1/notic...todromo-do-rio

BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

First and last turns, and the last turn would be iffy.
                          If this is Counter-Clockwise, the first and last turns would be very good passing opportunities.

Comment

Is IndyCar really interesting in making yet another attempt at Brazil?

Make sure the check clears before you start loading up the equipment.
                            Doctorindy.com

Comment

If IndyCar wants to return to Brazil, why not go to Interlagos after Formula One leaves for Rio after this year?
                              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X