Ericsson confirmed for third Ganassi in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post

So we'll call it a "jobs program" for racing peeps.
    Yes, there are several team members to keep in line at the pay window. Important should Ford or another manufacturer want to come back with another program in another series. You get your fancy cars in the other series that way pretty easily.
    No signature required

Comment

I don't see this as much as a Big 2, Little 1 at Ganassi as it will be a Big 1, Little 2 type of setup. Scott will get the best of everything, the other two will equally share the leftovers.
      Really this is probably a head to head battle between Felix and Marcus the winner will likely have a ride with Ganassi in 2021, the other will be up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy499 View Post
        Really this is probably a head to head battle between Felix and Marcus the winner will likely have a ride with Ganassi in 2021, the other will be up in the air.
        If this is the case--and I was Felix--I'd be insulted. Is there a single being in the solar system who thinks Marcus could be better than Felix? I don't think Marcus (or even his own mother) thinks so.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post

First, it was rumored that a BIGGER team than SPAM was in the cards for Marcus. It was. Second, Ganassi could run a 4th car part time, again, they have a ton of people sitting around now with the Ford program done.
          If Honda will allow them another engine, then sure.
          World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

Askew is going to be somewhere, so we already know he's going to be placed with somebody. If for only the bare minimum 4 Lights championship check races.

Plus we know Meyer-Shank has to partner with somebody in the Honda camp. Gotta be either Ganassi or Rahal, I'd think.

Maybe Askew finds his ride in conjunction with MSR/Ganassi as a teammate to Harvey? Or Rahal's 3rd car with no link to MSR.

Still think there could be some remnants of Harding/Steinbrenner (some personnel/equipment) that could land with a new team. But that might be more a Indy-only deal and more for the 2020 silly season thread
            I got the impression that HSR was essentially being absorbed into the AA umbrella. team, equipment, driver and Owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake speare View Post

If this is the case--and I was Felix--I'd be insulted. Is there a single being in the solar system who thinks Marcus could be better than Felix? I don't think Marcus (or even his own mother) thinks so.
              Marcus mom would tell you her son is the better driver hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                Adding a car to the series is a very good thing. Another top Honda powered entry.
                adding another guaranteed full-season Ganassi car is a very good thing. I was dissappointed the McLaren deal appeared to net no new cars, but it appears Honda doesn't want to lose those two entries from the grid. Maybe ganassi returns to a 4 car team or that second spm Honda becomes a 3rd Rahal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post

I would not say that. It's not over until they say it's over.
                  Over? Did you say ?over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
                  "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Comment

Originally posted by Indy499 View Post
                    I don't see this as much as a Big 2, Little 1 at Ganassi as it will be a Big 1, Little 2 type of setup.
                    I'm really getting sick of reading this A team/B team nonsense. It's a spec series. No one is getting "better" equipment than their teammates. The only difference you can see is in the abilities of the engineering staff. I can see Dixon (or Rossi at AA as was also stated a myriad of times at the end of this past season) getting the smartest and most successful staff to work on the car, but I doubt that there is a considerable performance difference between the cars.

It's a team. They have several meetings amongst the team weekly to share data/talk strategy/etc. I'm not convinced that some drivers on a team are getting special treatment and allowing the rest of the team to flail around suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by drewdawg727 View Post

I'm really getting sick of reading this A team/B team nonsense. It's a spec series. No one is getting "better" equipment than their teammates. The only difference you can see is in the abilities of the engineering staff. I can see Dixon (or Rossi at AA as was also stated a myriad of times at the end of this past season) getting the smartest and most successful staff to work on the car, but I doubt that there is a considerable performance difference between the cars.

It's a team. They have several meetings amongst the team weekly to share data/talk strategy/etc. I'm not convinced that some drivers on a team are getting special treatment and allowing the rest of the team to flail around suffering.
                      I dunno, Bourdais's car always seems a lot faster than whoever is in the second or third Coyne seat although the gap was closer this year to Ferruci.

Comment

There's definitely R&D going on with certain cars at certain times vs. the teams' front runners. That being said, one would assume AA puts its best pit crew on the NAPA car, for instance. As for engineering, teams do it in collaboration, as the whole point is to try out multiple setups, then decide on the best ones for the team. Most of these drivers, even with different styles, often are fine driving the same baseline setups.
                        "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post

If Honda will allow them another engine, then sure.
                          They will.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewknd View Post

Over? Did you say ?over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
                            I'm glad someone picked up that reference! I was beginning to think it was too subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
                              Plus we know Meyer-Shank has to partner with somebody in the Honda camp. Gotta be either Ganassi or Rahal, I'd think.
                              Not gonna be Ganassi.

Still think there could be some remnants of Harding/Steinbrenner (some personnel/equipment) that could land with a new team. But that might be more a Indy-only deal and more for the 2020 silly season thread
                              There is no there there.

Comment

I think Meyer-Shank will end up partnering with Rahal
                                World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X