Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ericsson confirmed for third Ganassi in 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ericsson confirmed for third Ganassi in 2020

    Marcus Ericsson will be joining Ganassi in 2020 in a third car, per Racer.

    https://racer.com/2019/10/08/ericsso...dycar-in-2020/

  • #2
    I did not see that coming, nice to have Ganassi back running more than 2 cars!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good place to land. And good on Chipster for keeping his sports car people on after the Ford GT program winds down.
      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

      "If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

      Comment


      • #4
        Really difficult to care about Marcus Ericsson. Guy has 3 GP2 wins across 94 races (basically 4 full seasons). He had a sled that was fast last year and did nothing with it.

        Comment


        • #5
          15 Podiums in GP2. And two Championships in lower classes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VirtualBalboa View Post
            Really difficult to care about Marcus Ericsson. Guy has 3 GP2 wins across 94 races (basically 4 full seasons). He had a sled that was fast last year and did nothing with it.
            He may not have done anything incredibly significant in his first year, but he’s a competent and qualified driver, and if he adds a car to the field that otherwise wouldn’t be there, I’m all for that!

            Comment


            • #7
              One thing that Marcus has done in his career is, over time, get close to his teammate's pace. Now that he has the standard-bearer as his team leader and a sublimely quick #2 in Rosenqvist, let's see if ME can elevate his game another notch.

              Comment


              • #8
                I guess those rumors about Oliver Askew going to Ganassi are now officially over. Surprised but at the same time I'm not. Hope the best for Marcus at Ganassi.
                "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                  I guess those rumors about Oliver Askew going to Ganassi are now officially over. Surprised but at the same time I'm not. Hope the best for Marcus at Ganassi.
                  First, it was rumored that a BIGGER team than SPAM was in the cards for Marcus. It was. Second, Ganassi could run a 4th car part time, again, they have a ton of people sitting around now with the Ford program done.
                  "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Have check (that's big enough) it will travel. I think this also means Hinchcliffe is stuck where he's at

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by VirtualBalboa View Post
                      Really difficult to care about Marcus Ericsson. Guy has 3 GP2 wins across 94 races (basically 4 full seasons). He had a sled that was fast last year and did nothing with it.
                      Ganassi cares about his money, I care that another car gets added. Ericsson is about the best you can hope for in a pay driver. He’s honestly just as good as Daly is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                        Good place to land. And good on Chipster for keeping his sports car people on after the Ford GT program winds down.
                        The Swedish Bikini Team made the deal too good to pass up.
                        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm glad to hear that Ganassi will have a 3rd team. Hope it's given similar attention to the #9 and #10. I'm indifferent to Marcus Ericsson, but will support him as a Ganassi third.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cinemafunk View Post
                            I'm glad to hear that Ganassi will have a 3rd team. Hope it's given similar attention to the #9 and #10. I'm indifferent to Marcus Ericsson, but will support him as a Ganassi third.
                            Guys like Ericsson show that journeyman F-1 guys become journeyman Indycar guys. It's not like the F-1 midpack is blessed with towering talents just waiting for a top line ride.
                            Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                              I guess those rumors about Oliver Askew going to Ganassi are now officially over. Surprised but at the same time I'm not. Hope the best for Marcus at Ganassi.
                              I would not say that. It's not over until they say it's over.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X