X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'Ward Takes 6th at Okayama

https://www.motorsport.com/super-for...oints/4550911/

Steadily improving ...

His main weakness is working the tires. Not sure how much testing he gets, and I don't know if you can learn that in a simulator.

Comment

If he didn't get a bad launch at the start, go into anti-stall, and effectively start from the back, I'm really curious how he would have done. Although they would have likely done a more standard pit strategy which might not have been as favorable.

Comment

Red Bull is such a cutthroat team. It seems he is currently on the roster as someone to keep pressure on their current drivers in F1. If he is around in 2021 he seems primed for the Toro Rosso seat. Proabally a do or die year for Pato in 2020.

Comment

An interesting assessment of Red Bull driver culture...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...n-of-athletes/
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I don't mean to be a d*****, but what does this have to do with Indycar at all? we have other forums for other racing series. I'm glad he's doing well and has gotten better with the challenges he's had, but he isn't in Indycar anymore.
            World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
              I don't mean to be a d*****, but what does this have to do with Indycar at all? we have other forums for other racing series. I'm glad he's doing well and has gotten better with the challenges he's had, but he isn't in Indycar anymore.
              He might come back at any time. And lots of people here have an affinity for Pato.

Comment

Well he was driving IndyCars just earlier this year. Does a license to be discussed in the IndyCar forum expire that quickly?
                You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

Also, his Superformula performances have a direct bearing on if he returns to IndyCar.
                  Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

All controversy could have been easily avoided by labeling the thread "Would you re-welcome Pato O'Ward?"
                    Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 63

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post
                      His main weakness is working the tires. Not sure how much testing he gets, and I don't know if you can learn that in a simulator.
                      I find this interesting because I heard Mark Bryant state that Pato got the most out of cold tires better than any driver he's ever seen.

Comment

I agree.

Has zero to do with Indy Car.

Comment

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
                          Also, his Superformula performances have a direct bearing on if he returns to IndyCar.
                          With no money, he's not coming back. Which is the same reason he didn't have a full-time ride this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post

I find this interesting because I heard Mark Bryant state that Pato got the most out of cold tires better than any driver he's ever seen.
                            Comments I have seen are general, and referring to the hard tires.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

I agree.

Has zero to do with Indy Car.
                              We have had plenty of threads of IndyCar drivers (and ex-IndyCar drivers) running in NASCAR series or short track events. Did you object to those too?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X