Last race of the year accidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last race of the year accidents

are there statistically more incidents during the last race of the year? Number and length of cautions?

There's another one?
    "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

It is not exact rocket science but the Andretti Hairpin will be a cluster job.
      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I believe the best and cheapest way to minimize the carnage at restarts is to prevent a leading car from using PSP to defend during the race.
        "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Not in the recent times. When the finale was at Sonoma crashes were relatively rare and looking back at the stats many cars made it to the end. The biggest in recent years was in 2013 at Fontana but that was in the middle of the race and also an oval.
          "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

Depends on the track positions of the Penske cars.....

Comment

I prefer to prevent all cars from using push to pass at all points of the race.
              Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

At a track where the only passing spot is pit lane, I’d expect an overoptimistic move lap 1

Comment

I'd like a repeat of the Zanardi pass on the corkscrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post
                    I'd like a repeat of the Zanardi pass on the corkscrew.
                    Illegal then too, but definitely wont fly today.

Comment

Originally posted by dakinca View Post
                      At a track where the only passing spot is pit lane, I’d expect an overoptimistic move lap 1
                      Yup.

Comment

Looking at the last five years:

2018 had 1 caution for 5 laps
                        2017 was caution free
                        2016 had 1 for 3 laps
                        2015 had 4
                        2014 had 1
                        Twitter: @Chad200
                        Web: www.OpenWheel.wordpress.com
                        Photos: www.ChadSmithPhotos.com

Comment

Most of the drivers: " Let's just get through the 1st turn nice and easy, then we'll race hard."

One driver," Everyone is going nice and easy into turn one, I can pass 10 cars....watch."

"Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-holder."

15G. Rahal
                          5 J. Hinchcliffe
                          18. S Bourdais
                          98 A. Rossi

Comment

Race Control probably doesn't want to be viewed as having 'decided' the championship, so that could explain the caution-light finales lately. I'd expect them to hold any yellow at Laguna during the middle of a pit sequence unless the stranded car is in immediate harm's way.
                            Power #12 (2014 Champ, 2018 Indy 500 Winner) - Pagenaud #22 (2016 Champ) - Newgarden #1 (2017 Champ)

Comment

"I prefer to prevent all cars from using push to pass at all points of the race."

This⬆️

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X