IRL gets another advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL gets another advantage

CART has indicated in a press release picked up by several media outlets that they will discontinue (and not replace) the CART radio network this season. This has the effect of giving the radio demographic segments totally to IRL, and while it can be argued that radio provides much fewer audience members than television, radio has traditionally been the sole media for reaching remote markets like the armed forces and certain third world countries.

The IRL should be able to generate a bunch of new fans as race enthusiasts in the military ons tation will now have no other American openwheel alternative in many case.

As a side note, this is a curious decision for a sanctioning body who is trying to increase their overseas presence.

Separately, CART has also announced that series sponsor ELF Fuels, who had provided the official fuel for the series will not be returning.

Funny, with all of the momentum that CART is gaining, these little things seem to hold it back a bit. Especially when the IRL takes advantage of those lost opportunities.
    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

It's been a few years ago for me, but Armed Forces Network and Armed Forces Radio didnt have much racing on them. INDY, Daytona, and a few NASCAR and CART races (this was pre-95). Guys that I still know are returning from Germany and Korea (seeing me in an INDY or IRL tshirt) saying they have seen quit a few IRL races and they have liked it / continued watching it here.

Most of us have brought a fan or two or dozen to the IRL,,, it sure helps when the sanctioning body is free to spend the cash to make it easy on us.
      "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

".....big wheels turnin', gotta keep 'em rollin', big wheels rollin', movin' on."

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Hate to say but CART cancelled there Elf contract.
          RIP Sammich

Comment

what they got a better offer from

Sinclair??? or

ENRON???????? LOL couldnt help it

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
              <STRONG>what they got a better offer from

Sinclair??? or

ENRON???????? LOL couldnt help it</STRONG>

"You can trust your car to the man behind the bars...."

Comment

Maybe the Indy Racing Radio Network should offer to broadcast all the CART events . . .

Comment

Check the Cart board this morning for news relating to a signed Euro tv deal.
                  SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                  " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Oh darn! I used it once for one of the oval races overseas during the Fall cause I was on my way to work and knew it was on.

Comment

Unless things have changed here this year, the only place I can get the IRL radio network in Detroit is on the web!

If you haven't tried it, turn the tv volume down and listen to the radio broadcast, you get a lot more detail for obvious reasons.

Comment

I think the CART radio network only had eight full-time affiliates.

That said, I'm not sure how many full-time affiliates the IRRN has.

I'm sure it's nothing compared to MRN and PRN.
                        http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

The best use I had for CRN was over the web. I spent several race weekends in the office, but I could at least listen to qualifying and the race live. It was pretty cool. Also, I thought there was to be a replacement put in place, so don't bury CART radio yet.

akh

Comment

here is a link to the radio stations that carry the irl
                            http://www.indyracingleague.com/airwaves/
                            If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X