Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously NBC? Now you add a gold app.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seriously NBC? Now you add a gold app.

    You have to be kidding me. One race left in the season and Now, comcast adds a NBC GOLD app to xfinity x1 service. Why wasn’t a gold app available for ALL gold subscribers day 1?!


  • #2
    Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    You have to be kidding me. One race left in the season and Now, comcast adds a NBC GOLD app to xfinity x1 service. Why wasn’t a gold app available for ALL gold subscribers day 1?!
    Had to check after I saw this and there it is in the apps on X1. I started watching gold on the chromebook, till that stopped working right before Indy. So had to hook the laptop to the tv with the hdmi cable everytime to watch. Ditto on the where was this on day 1.

    Comment


    • #3
      I didn’t know there ever was an NBC Gold App out there. I’ve always used the NBC Sports App and gone to the NBC Gold subsection (XBox, Roku, FireTV and Chromecast I’ve used).

      Comment


      • #4
        I've used the NBC Gold stand alone app all season.

        Comment


        • #5
          The app I'm referring to is internal in Xfinity X1 service so I can watch GOLD content in my existing Xfinity/Comcast cable/streaming service, not go through the hassle of casting from a computer using something like Chromecast. This isn't an apple/android app. COMCAST/NBC are one in the same and anything NBC offers should be available directly within their cable tv service.

          X1 also has internal apps for YouTube, Amazon prime, Netflix, Tubi, Sling, Pandora etc. No hassle and I can sign in to whatever. My extended family shares a crapload of streaming accounts.

          Up until last week, I had to either watch GOLD content on my phone or laptop and go through the hassle of casting it to my one tv I can do that. Now, It's no different than watching any other channel on my TV. I refuse to go through all the hassle of casting, apps and all that bullcrap.

          Now if they would just restore the ability to set the DVR recording from my phone or computer that we could do for years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
            One race left in the season and Now, comcast adds a NBC GOLD app to xfinity x1 service.
            You just don't know how big the Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey is!

            Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

            Comment


            • #7
              Double points!

              At least I can watch qualifying for Laguna Seca live on my TV. I watched some content last night and the picture quality and stream stability was so much better than casting from the computer. add me to the list of people that missed the free youtube streams, but I do appreciate that What is on gold is a fully produced broadcast.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                The app I'm referring to is internal in Xfinity X1 service so I can watch GOLD content in my existing Xfinity/Comcast cable/streaming service, not go through the hassle of casting from a computer using something like Chromecast. This isn't an apple/android app. COMCAST/NBC are one in the same and anything NBC offers should be available directly within their cable tv service.

                X1 also has internal apps for YouTube, Amazon prime, Netflix, Tubi, Sling, Pandora etc. No hassle and I can sign in to whatever. My extended family shares a crapload of streaming accounts.

                Up until last week, I had to either watch GOLD content on my phone or laptop and go through the hassle of casting it to my one tv I can do that. Now, It's no different than watching any other channel on my TV. I refuse to go through all the hassle of casting, apps and all that bullcrap.

                Now if they would just restore the ability to set the DVR recording from my phone or computer that we could do for years.
                Did your Xfinity box not already have a NBC Sports app that you could watch Gold content through? I've always just used the regular NBCSN app to watch the Gold programming, no problem.

                There's no real need to cast anything anymore. All my tv's run off of Amazon Firesticks which has apps for everything and it operates basically the same as your cable box, use the remote to scroll to the app, click on it, sit back and enjoy. It's great to be able to watch DirecTV, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, NBCSN, Motor Trend On Demand, and even full internet browser all on one device, no casting necessary. I don't miss my expensive cable box one bit, with the DirecTV Now app (which is now called AT&T TV) I get all the channels I got before and I only pay $45/month.
                If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                  The app I'm referring to is internal in Xfinity X1 service so I can watch GOLD content in my existing Xfinity/Comcast cable/streaming service, not go through the hassle of casting from a computer using something like Chromecast. This isn't an apple/android app. COMCAST/NBC are one in the same and anything NBC offers should be available directly within their cable tv service.

                  X1 also has internal apps for YouTube, Amazon prime, Netflix, Tubi, Sling, Pandora etc. No hassle and I can sign in to whatever. My extended family shares a crapload of streaming accounts.

                  Up until last week, I had to either watch GOLD content on my phone or laptop and go through the hassle of casting it to my one tv I can do that. Now, It's no different than watching any other channel on my TV. I refuse to go through all the hassle of casting, apps and all that bullcrap.

                  Now if they would just restore the ability to set the DVR recording from my phone or computer that we could do for years.
                  Are you saying you can cast it but refuse to? How much longer can it possibly take to cast to the tv than finding the app on the tv? This is really strange.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

                    Are you saying you can cast it but refuse to? How much longer can it possibly take to cast to the tv than finding the app on the tv? This is really strange.
                    I can't speak for Nigel but I have plenty of experience casting. It can be fiddly and inconsistent or just won't work or works intermittently or buffers a lot or gets stuck on low-resolution, plus if you're casting from your phone then you can't use your phone for anything else. Casting is a last ditch effort for me and I have to really want whatever it is I'm trying to cast to go through the headaches. Luckily it's almost never needed for me because most of what I'd want to cast is readily available on the Firestick
                    If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

                      Are you saying you can cast it but refuse to? How much longer can it possibly take to cast to the tv than finding the app on the tv? This is really strange.
                      I hit one button, select the program and done. no lagging, perfect picture quality, no losing connection it's right in my menu with everything else. I don't have a personal laptop and my tablet sucks. I can't stream with my work computer, so casting requires the hassle of doing it with an iPhone, dealing with connecting the chromecast which sucks because I can't cast directly from the app on the phone, dealing with the unstable feed/browser/ app. 1000% easier and better picture quality. We've tried three fire sticks and it sucks. with my cable I have a reliable, wired connection with zero issues. no so with any type of "stick".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BrandonW77 View Post

                        Did your Xfinity box not already have a NBC Sports app that you could watch Gold content through? I've always just used the regular NBCSN app to watch the Gold programming, no problem.

                        There's no real need to cast anything anymore. All my tv's run off of Amazon Firesticks which has apps for everything and it operates basically the same as your cable box, use the remote to scroll to the app, click on it, sit back and enjoy. It's great to be able to watch DirecTV, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, YouTube, NBCSN, Motor Trend On Demand, and even full internet browser all on one device, no casting necessary. I don't miss my expensive cable box one bit, with the DirecTV Now app (which is now called AT&T TV) I get all the channels I got before and I only pay $45/month.
                        No, Xfinity X1 did not have an NBCSPORTS app. Still doesn't. I have to use my phone to use the app. I've tried to use Firestick and Roku and don't like the experience one bit and it's a night mare to watch local television and we have zero OTA in my town because of geography and some local interference.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
                          No, Xfinity X1 did not have an NBCSPORTS app. Still doesn't. I have to use my phone to use the app. I've tried to use Firestick and Roku and don't like the experience one bit and it's a night mare to watch local television and we have zero OTA in my town because of geography and some local interference.
                          Gotcha. Just so others know, it's not always a nightmare. My Firestick experience is not really any different than what I had with my cable boxes, way better actually, it's so great having everything from Netflix to internet to music to live tv all running through one device and one remote. My local channels all stream perfectly fine through my DirecTV Now app (which only costs me $45/month for 90+ channels, including locals and DVR). I have apps on there for both NBCSN and NBCSN Gold but I've never used the Gold one since Gold content comes through the regular app too. I'm one who will never go back to any kind of traditional cable, it would feel so archaic and limited and expensive compared to how I consume tv/movies now.
                          If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BrandonW77 View Post

                            Gotcha. Just so others know, it's not always a nightmare. My Firestick experience is not really any different than what I had with my cable boxes, way better actually, it's so great having everything from Netflix to internet to music to live tv all running through one device and one remote. My local channels all stream perfectly fine through my DirecTV Now app (which only costs me $45/month for 90+ channels, including locals and DVR). I have apps on there for both NBCSN and NBCSN Gold but I've never used the Gold one since Gold content comes through the regular app too. I'm one who will never go back to any kind of traditional cable, it would feel so archaic and limited and expensive compared to how I consume tv/movies now.
                            I am a Firesticker as well. Cut the cable in 2017 and haven't missed it.
                            "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

                            Comment

                            Unconfigured Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X