Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi OT: No more burnouts on the bricks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi OT: No more burnouts on the bricks?

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index...weekend-at-ims
    Live like Dave

I like it.
    GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Me too.

IMS mgmt. ends up sounding like stuff shirts if they say its not permitted.

But you come off looking bad if you do a burnout on the bricks now.

Shame them into submission.
      Live like Dave

Comment

Twenty-five hundred bucks total to steer clear of the bricks? A little birdie told me what it thinks of that.

Five grand donation from the winning driver/team would generate millions in TV exposure as the sports wonks have a field day with reports of the sacrilege.
        "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

I thought for sure Rowdy was going to burn it down.

Then he made the hard right down pit road..

an all time classic move.

It would look stupid smoking out an empty front stretch grandstand.
          "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Good idea and for a good cause. Everbody wins !
            "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Lee Iacocca

Comment

Good. Maybe they'll ban the dumb kissing next?
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
                Good. Maybe they'll ban the dumb kissing next?
                I got no problem with NASCAR or IndyCar winners doing this.

I don't criticize anyone else for doing the same but I refuse to do so.

I feel you have to earn that right.

But having the team members being photographed kissing the bricks wearing 91 different hats kinda kills the moment.
                Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
                  Maybe they'll ban the dumb kissing next?
                  That's not a question but doing away with that stupid, and altogether forced, "tradition" would be great.
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

I totally get wanting to do away with the burnout on the bricks. Place barely sells tickets as is. Why **** off more of the locals?

Kissing the bricks doesn't bother me.

Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Well Harvick didn't actually burnout over the bricks, but he stopped just before the brocks and rolled over them.

However, there was enough burnt rubber left on the Goodyears to still leave a couple tracks over the bricks.

No idea how they will call this one
                      Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Give him a pass. No intent.
                        "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                          That's not a question but doing away with that stupid, and altogether forced, "tradition" would be great.
                          I wouldn't say its forced. It seems like all the drivers cant wait to kiss the bricks. Once.

I will agree its forced when they have to "kiss" them over and over for the photo op.

Its been going on for 23 years, its a tradition.
                          Live like Dave

Comment

When I say forced I'm referring to how (at leas in my memory) it started at the BY400 and then got forced upon 500 winners with the announced screaming over the PA, "Now it's time to kiss the bricks. Kiss them!"
                            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

No argument.

Sometimes less is more when people have a microphone in front of them
                              Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X