Richmond on the 2020 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavidM View Post

We need some Utz Crab Potato Chips in IndyCar!
    Don't forget the Natty Boh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

I do not want to drag up old Split stuff but there is - or was - some uncertainty over GdF's lap. CART used a different method to measure the lap length at Fontana than IRL/NASCAR/FIA. If memory serves, CART calculated the lap there at 1.94 miles or something and then used that distance combined with the lap time to come up with that speed. If the lap was measured at 2.00 miles, the lap speed would have been slower than Arie's 239.260. I think DoctorIndy can provide more detail.
      CART measured the track with 2.029 miles. They also measured some other tracks longer than IRL:

Motegi: CART 1.549 mi, IRL 1.52 mi
      Homestead: CART 1.502 mi, IRL 1.485 mi
      Fort Worth: CART 1.482 mi, IRL 1.455 mi
      Gateway: CART 1.27 mi, IRL 1.25 mi
      Loudon: CART 1.058 mi, IRL, 1.025 mi
      Milwaukee: CART 1.032 mi, IRL 1.015 mi
      Nazareth: CART 0.946 mi, IRL 0.935 mi

Only Michigan is measured with 2.0 mi both.

Maybe CART uses the outer perimeter while IRL uses the apron or racing line.

Some fun fact: Even Indy isn't exactly 2.5 mi, if you measure the racing line next to safer barrier you get 2.513 mi.

The track lengths of street and road courses varies year by year.
      Last edited by German500; 09-05-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbo_79 View Post
        Sorry. California Speedway is the original name of Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

Too bad a race can't succeed there. IIRC, the fastest lap record ever at a closed track was set there (Reynard, Honda, Gil de Ferran when he drove for Penske): 241.428mph or 388.541kph. Probably 250 mph on the straights! At the same time, the last ever CART sanctioned race was held there. Won by Jimmy Vasser. Oh well...
        Last CART race was 2002, the Gil de Ferran pole is from 2000. The CART race in 2003 was cancelled because of wildfire. Suprising is, that Michigan Speedway has 18°/12°/5° banking and AutoClub Speedway only 14°/11°/4°. So theoretically the speeds in Michigan should be slightly faster than in California.
        Since repavement in 2012, Michigan Speedway is in NASCAR lot faster than AutoClub Speedway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nigel Red5 View Post

Don't forget the Natty Boh!
          I had some a couple weeks ago that my sister brought back from Baltimore, it reminded me of Hamm's & PBR, she said it was kinda hard to find there, don't know if she was Bs-ing me or not. I usually have her bring back Yuenglings for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post

Except it is something Formula One would never allow.
            Don't see why not.

IndyCar is not competition for F1 - and having them as a support series would simply reinforce that fact in the eyes of the public, making IndyCar look minor league in comparison.If anything, it's ICS who would have a reason for not doing that, as it would damage IndyCar's image as a premier league series.

Comment

• Too late, it already is a minor league in comparison to F1 in the minds of the public. Only on TF is the ICS any sort of "equal" to F1.

Comment

• As a member of the public, I enjoy a variety of racing disciplines.
                The only “equal” or “inferior” I care about is how an individual race stacks up against previous races of the same type car on the same track.
                I prefer Indycar to F1, but I’d enjoy a 100 mile Silver Crown race on dirt just as much as either.
                I’m not that surprised that on the Indycar page there are those that don’t bow down at the F1 alter.
                With one foot in the grave, and one foot on the pedal, I was born a Rebel.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfatty500 View Post

I had some a couple weeks ago that my sister brought back from Baltimore, it reminded me of Hamm's & PBR, she said it was kinda hard to find there, don't know if she was Bs-ing me or not. I usually have her bring back Yuenglings for me
                  Natty Boh is actually now owned by Pabst. They are all contract brewed by Miller. She was B-Sing you. Natty Boh is about as hard to find as a rat in Baltimore. It's everywhere. Now, it may be a little more difficult to find in bottles. For years it only came in a cardboard "suitcase" of 12oz cans.

I still get confused when people call Natural light "Natty". In Maryland, Natty is BOH!

I actually drank a few of these last night with half a dozen jumbo crabs.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post

Old Bay!. I must admit, I was never really a fan of that on my chips. It's like the Ketchup popsicle.
                    Try it sprinkled on vanilla ice cream some time. trust me.

Comment

The only way that is happening,

is if you drive down here and make me!!
                      "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I can imagine that being pretty good, if it’s just a light dusting. I will try it sometimes.

But cinnamon would probably be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenderless View Post

Down below the Masie-Dixie it has to be Golden Flake. For my money there is none better.
                          Utz now owns Golden Flake snacks. They bought them about three years ago...maybe it was two years ago. Can't quite remember. I love Golden Flakes Dill pickle chips which are very similar to Utz Salt and Vinegar. The best of all chips are Martin's though.
                          "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                          With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

• Utz plain chips are my #1 weakness. It’s a toss up between Utz bbq and Martins bbq. A family size bag of Martin’s bbq has no chance of survival in this house. Even my wife who rarely eats junk food of any kind will push my hand away to get at the martins.!

Comment

Utz plain chips are my #1 weakness. It’s a toss up between Utz bbq and Martins bbq. A family size bag of Martin’s bbq has no chance of survival in this house. Even my wife who rarely eats junk food of any kind will push my hand away to get at the martins.!
                              Middleswarth Ket-L Cooked BBQ potato chips are my favorite bbq flavored chips hands down. Golden Flake's mesquite bbq comes in second and Martin's BBQ in third. I have been a bit disappointed since moving back to PA that regular Martin's chips are not quite as good as they once were as they had to change the kind of oil that they once used. I went on a chip binge when I got back here and found that about every third bag or so was how they used to taste.

Zapp's Voodoo flavor chips are quite good if you ever find yourself down in Louisiana hungry for a potato chip. Herr's chips are absolute garbage and I have no idea how they are remotely popular.
                              "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                              With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

• Zapps Voodoo chips are available at WAWA, Middleswarths are available at our closest wawa and the WEIS grocery store. I'm not a huge kettle cooked fan.

Herr's factory is about 20 minutes from me. You've never tasted a good chip until you've literally taken them right off the conveyor coming out of the oil. We used to go to the plant when I was a kid with a large metal chip can and get fresh chips a couple times a week. I actually like their crab chips better than the UTZ. I was shocked to find Herr's BBQ chips in a 7-11 in Tulum, MX years ago.

Yeah, the oil definitely changes the flavor. The same thing happened with Royal Farms fried chicken. it was actually way better before they really started expanding and hyping it. I stick to the family recipe our family's restaurant has sold for years.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X