• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLaren Livery for 2020

What do you think will happen?
    Continue with SPM's current Arrow color scheme on all cars
    1.43%
    Current SPM Arrow colors on full-season cars but F1-style orange & blue for Alonso at Indy
    17.14%
    Switch all cars to orange & blue like McLaren F1 cars
    81.43%
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

No way are they going to roll out in anything but McLaren orange.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Orange Crush

Comment

I hope they do something creative such as having a driver riding on of a T-rex jousting and knocking off a rival driver off its stead (which happens to be a giant mutant bat) and having transformers from the sky attacking IMS defending it from zombies.The livery will also glow in the dark and seem to have animated movement depending on which angle you're viewing the car from. It'll also smell like oranges.
        "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

This is a team that lost practice time because their backup car was in the shop getting the paint color changed from the wrong shade of orange to papaya.

I'd bet on them being papaya orange next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
            No way are they going to roll out in anything but McLaren orange.

^ This
            If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Comment

Can we have a 4th option of; "They keep the 5 in Arrows colors and then have the 7 in McLaren colors"? Arrows spends a lot of money with SPM and I don't think an orange car with some Arrows stickers on it is going to do.
              To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. - Bruce McLaren

Josef Newgarden 2 James Hinchcliffe 5 Conor Daly ?
              ATLANTA UNITED FC |||||
              #ParkedIt

Comment

The livery will vary from race to race depending on which flavor of SPAM (Schmidt Peterson Arrows McLaren) sponsors them for the race

Comment

I'm thinking something like the current livery but the gold portion begins at the nose as orange and then transitions to gold from the cockpit to the rear of the car.

Comment

Our friend Zak Brown claims they have the right formula for the Papaya Orange next year.

Comment

With this font.

...---...

Comment

Zak Brown and Sam Schmidt on the conference call today stated that it would be the familiar McLaren orange.
                        Twitter: @Chad200
                        Web: www.OpenWheel.wordpress.com
                        Photos: www.ChadSmithPhotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by IndyCarChad View Post
                          Zak Brown and Sam Schmidt on the conference call today stated that it would be the familiar McLaren orange.
                          Cool with me.
                          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

It may not be a full on papaya orange but that will likely be the prominent color.
                            "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCarSeries View Post
                              Can we have a 4th option of; "They keep the 5 in Arrows colors and then have the 7 in McLaren colors"? Arrows spends a lot of money with SPM and I don't think an orange car with some Arrows stickers on it is going to do.
                              That is something I thought of ever since the announcement. Hate to see Arrow Schmidt Peterson completely give in to everything McLaren
                              "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X