X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to Pocono.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlor View Post
      The weather is the most important factor.....per usual.
      In an old Circle Track issue from the '80s, a columnist wrote a whimsical piece predicting the next year in racing: "JUNE--NASCAR Pocono 500 postponed by rain...JULY--NASCAR Pocono 500 delayed by rain...AUGUST--Indycar Pocono 500 shortened by rain...SEPTEMBER--NASCAR Pocono Modified Nationals cancelled due to rain...DECEMBER--Pocono officials discuss building a dome over their speedway...."
      You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

I will see y'all at Portland.
        PAY NO MORE.
        Be there or be square.

Comment

Originally posted by turbokid View Post
          I'm hoping for an announcement this week about a multiyear extension of Indycar at Pocono. Keeping my fingers crossed.
          Pocono once very three years sounds kind of odd....

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1161279881583439872
          Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

That would be a nice promotional trick...
            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
            --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post

Utter nonsense! This will be the most unpopular schedule decision in years.
              "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

First it was Nazareth, then Watkins Glen, then Baltimore, then Watkins Glen again, and now potentially Pocono. All events that have been dumped by IndyCar, and most were attended by a decent number of fans. I cannot see how IndyCar cannot comprehend that you cannot keep bailing on your fans in this area????
                "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

If IndyCar dumps Pocono I will not be attending any other IndyCar races, including Indy. I attended Nazareth for years through the 90's until the IRL years. I attended all of the Baltimore races, then it was dropped. I attended all of (the most recent) Watkins Glen races, then it was dropped. I attended every Pocono race, if it is dropped then I am done attending IndyCar races. I am getting tired of recruiting new fans to attend these races every year only to have them dropped just as they get hooked. I am getting old and grumpy and tired of the constant B.S. from Indycar, especially their apparent disregard for their fanbase in the northeast. I can find other things to spend my time and money on. Get off my lawn!

Comment

First it was Nazareth, then Watkins Glen, then Baltimore, then Watkins Glen again, and now potentially Pocono. All events that have been dumped by IndyCar, and most were attended by a decent number of fans. I cannot see how IndyCar cannot comprehend that you cannot keep bailing on your fans in this area????
                    IIRC, the loss of Nazareth was not an IndyCar decision. ISC bought the track and closed it in late 2004.
                    Ditto Baltimore. Promoter (plural) issues, rather than IndyCar decision let to the cancellation.
                    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post

IIRC, the loss of Nazareth was not an IndyCar decision. ISC bought the track and closed it in late 2004.
                      Ditto Baltimore. Promoter (plural) issues, rather than IndyCar decision let to the cancellation.
                      You are exactly right which tells me it's all the more important to keep Pocono. It seems Pocono wants IndyCar and right now IndyCar needs a consistent yearly schedule. This will help draw fans. IndyCar needs to help tracks make money. I believe the product is good. I know IndyCar has wasted a lot of money in the past but right now they have good management and good momentum. Losing Pocono would be a slap in the face. IndyCar needs to invest in the series by working with tracks that want races. It's going to take some time and some cash and I know it's not my cash but I do support by going to Indy and Road America. No reason to not have a good mix of ovals, street and road courses to build the series. Gotta keep Pocono.

Comment

Get out of here with your facts, people are trying to have a whinge!!
                        If you make something idiot proof, the world will build a better idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation View Post

I'd rather have Pocono every third year over no Pocono for the foreseeable future.

If hosting IndyCar is a "make a little", "break even", or "lose a little" proposition for Pocono than they need to use the race to best market their facility as a whole. They know more about their business than we do, maybe they think a race every three years can do that.
                          "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I'm aware of the issues each of those locations had. The difference is that this choice, right now, is IndyCar's to make. The fallout will be on them alone.

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post

I'd rather have Pocono every third year over no Pocono for the foreseeable future.
                            Hosting every third year makes no sense. You can't keep a fanbase intact doing that. Milwaukee basically died after one year off, Toronto never recovered from its hiatus. In his mailbag, Miller said he figured it was 80/20 against, but now thinks 60/40. I simply do not comprehend how Pocono + 20-25K attendees + ABC Supply is off the schedule while Richmond comes in, having drawn flies once Phillip Morris left.

Comment

The difference is that this choice, right now, is IndyCar's to make.
                              How do you figure? I didn't read anything about this. Pocono has been hanging on by fishing line ever since about 2015 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat00 View Post
                                Weather is currently forecast as sunny, in the upper 70's.
                                Not sure where you're seeing this. I'm seeing isolated t-storms and close to 90.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X