Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's offical McLaren is back

https://racer.com/2019/08/09/mclaren...1qRhMK95CY2Xvg

Great news but your thread title is a little weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Baulz View Post
      Great news but your thread title is a little weak.
      Made you click.............I fixed it for you

Comment

Not surprising considering the Arrow decal on the F1 cars.
        The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Kind of back. I was hoping they would enter Indycar as a standalone team.

Comment

Originally posted by zapp2525 View Post

Made you click.............I fixed it for you
            I had to put my readers on, I thought click was another word for a second

Comment

McLaren’s partnership with Arrow SPM co-owners Sam Schmidt and Ric Peterson does not involve purchasing the team outright or acquiring the individual ownership stakes held by Schmidt or Peterson.
              So they're partners, but they're not buying the team or taking the ownership stakes of Schmidt and Peterson. They're renaming the team and the fate of Hinchcliffe, Ericsson, and Wickens are up in the air, which presumes this is a partnership that is not adding cars to the field.

On appearance sake from how it is written, this is Michael Lanigan joining the ownership group of Rahal Letterman. I'm sure McLaren are not Michael Lanigan, so I think the article has something a little different from how it will be. They may not be purchasing the team but they could instead be purchasing control.

Comment

Nice to see.

Comment

I’m disappointed. This adds no seats to the series. Whooptie do. And Nasr is boring as hell. We have enough talented drivers that want to be here that should get that seat, not another wannabe f1 driver. Ericsson has added nothing to the series. Overall this is kinda lame. No new seats at all. Like atleast make it a 3-4 car team!

Comment

This series has come a long way in the past few years.
                    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

I knew I could count on this place to remind me why this isn't a good thing. Gotta love it.

Comment

If it adds zero cars.....this is a bummer. If Hinch is out of a ride, this is a bummer.
                        2012 Races: St.Pete, Indianapolis and THE MILWAUKEE MILE!!!!!!
                        2013 Races: Indianapolis and Indyfest 2013
                        2014 Races: Popped the Wife's Indy 500 Cherry and Indyfest 2014
                        2015 Race: ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
                        2016 Races: 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 and Road America!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan1248 View Post
                          I knew I could count on this place to remind me why this isn't a good thing. Gotta love it.
                          I see mostly positive comments.

Okay, um, at least both
                          There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Gotta say I'm somewhat surprised this came together quickly (and came together at all). Hopefully this means a step forward for Arrow McLaren SP Racing. Hope Zak and company learned something from the 2019 Indy 500 fiasco.

Maybe they'll at least get the Papaya Orange right the first time....
                            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan1248 View Post
                              "McLaren is in the field", but nothing is really changing. Schmidt is still Schmidt, just with a different marketing scheme and badge. Now if they put more financial resources into the team, that is great, but we don't know to what scale yet or if it will pan out until we see the new effort in action. The article says they have "a new group of McLaren personnel assembled specifically for the Indycar project", does this mean some Schmidt people lost their jobs? It's not negative, it's just McLaren bought an existing team versus adding something new to the field, but the article is saying Schmidt and Peterson weren't bought out, so what is it? If this team from this point forward is McLaren, then I can't take what the article says about Schmidt's and Peterson's ownership stakes seriously unless they're meant to become silent partners a la Felix Sabates with Chip Ganassi in NASCAR.

Prognosticating, this is probably not good for Marcus Ericsson's time at the team because if McLaren is onboard 100%, this team should be paying 2 drivers. Nothing against Ericsson, but he's what he is. Imagine he'll find another ride if his money backers are still happy with him. I hope Hinchcliffe stays and Wickens at least gets a chance to return, but if McLaren are in control of the team now, take those promises for what you deem them worth.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X