Rossi Saga: The cost of corporate pride and where "god" may reside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin Grigson View Post
    I hope that there is a decent offer from across the pond that lures Rossi back to F1 since we are reading tea leaves and all. I said it before and I'll say it again he is wasting his talent here. My opinion of course.
    Respectfully, this is confusing opinion. Rossi is winning Indycar races here, including the 500, and is currently 2nd place in the points. If you are fan of the series, how is this wasting his impressive driving talent?

Do you mean he is leaving $ on the table in F1, and you want him back there as a back marker, or you just don't want him here, or? (Not a flame, just asking)

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post
      Do you mean he is leaving $ on the table in F1, and you want him back there as a back marker, or you just don't want him here, or? (Not a flame, just asking)
      The only way I want to see Rossi back in F1 is if he's offered a top notch seat. By that I'm mean Ferrari, Mercedes, or RBR. I wouldn't even consider McLaren, STR, or Renault since they're consistency isn't there. I also bet Rossi is getting paid better then many of the bottom half drivers in F1.
      "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

"In God's hands." Mikey should take a phone cue from Mike Holmgren....

"Alexander, this is God. Stay with Andretti Autosport."
        You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1 View Post

Respectfully, this is confusing opinion. Rossi is winning Indycar races here, including the 500, and is currently 2nd place in the points. If you are fan of the series, how is this wasting his impressive driving talent?

He is wasting his talent in a spec series with only one race that really means anything anymore. The current series is a shadow of its former self, not the juggernaut we had in the 80's. Similar to F2 but with an engine choice . Just my opinion.

I think he only came home so to speak because of a lack of money and available seats. I don't have any problem with him at home other than the fact I believe he is still good enough to compete there. Of course I like having him here winning races but we need an American and good one at that in F1. I think Liberty Media need to start helping young Americans over there. Colton is also wasting his talent here too. This is just my opinion and it could be that neither Alex or Colton could give a rip about F1. I'm just saying they both are good enough to compete there.
          RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless

Why not? I know some orange character who does it all the time. My opinion is that if he can do it I can do it.
            I KNEW IT! That damn Chester Cheeto keeps telling me that Cheetos have real cheese in them, but they don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post

The only way I want to see Rossi back in F1 is if he's offered a top notch seat. By that I'm mean Ferrari, Mercedes, or RBR. I wouldn't even consider McLaren, STR, or Renault since they're consistency isn't there. I also bet Rossi is getting paid better then many of the bottom half drivers in F1.
              Obviously you do not follow F1 to make such a silly statement. If you have been paying attention you will notice that McLaren has risen back up to the 4th best team from being in the toilet. I would love to see him in the Haas and feel he could lead that team. Who says he has to instantly be in a top team. I feel he would open more eyes by starting in a smaller team. Some of you want to go to the moon without the rocket.
              RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

Obviously you do not follow F1 to make such a silly statement. If you have been paying attention you will notice that McLaren has risen back up to the 4th best team from being in the toilet. I would love to see him in the Haas and feel he could lead that team. Who says he has to instantly be in a top team. I feel he would open more eyes by starting in a smaller team. Some of you want to go to the moon without the rocket.
                I follow F1, maybe not as close as you but close enough to know what is right and wrong and what I said is right. McLaren is inconsistent. The fact they came "from the toilet" just a little while back shows just how free flowing things are. I followed F1 long enough to know that a few good races or even one good season doesn't mean you'll be great in the future. Look at Williams, just three years ago they were the top team behind Ferrari and Mercedes. They even were kicking the crap out of Red Bull but look at them now.

Anyone that took a ride for them then might have looked like a genius but not in the long run.

Comment

Yes, McLaren is currently 4th in team standings. However a bit of a closer look shows third place Red Bull with 169 points and fourth place McLaren with 52...117 points back (and 311 points from 1st).
                  Meanwhile 5th place Renault is only 20 points back from McLaren with 32 and 6th place Alfa Romeo with 22...30 back from McLaren.
                  BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I follow F1, maybe not as close as you but close enough to know what is right and wrong and what I said is right. McLaren is inconsistent. The fact they came "from the toilet" just a little while back shows just how free flowing things are. I followed F1 long enough to know that a few good races or even one good season doesn't mean you'll be great in the future. Look at Williams, just three years ago they were the top team behind Ferrari and Mercedes. They even were kicking the crap out of Red Bull but look at them now.

Anyone that took a ride for them then might have looked like a genius but not in the long run.

The last sentence proves you know little about what is going on currently and that's ok. I guess I am more passionate about it that you. No worries.

I get that this is not an F1 site and with that I will move along from this subject.

RIP Justin! WWJCD

Comment

The fact they came "from the toilet" just a little while back shows just how free flowing things are.
                      We are still talking about racing, right?

They even were kicking the crap out of Red Bull but look at them now..
                      I'm sensing a theme.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

No way Rossi goes back to F1 unless it's the top 3 teams. There's a Honda connection with RBR, which would be the only likely situation, but even that is a long shot. If it happens, at least he will no longer be penalized for his size due to the increase implemented for minimum driver weight.

Comment

Back to Rossi, our boy Miller thinks something is going to happen this weekend on Rossi's contract. Miller had a talk with God I suppose.

Comment

Those outcomes are highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post

I'm sensing a theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post

I'm sensing a theme.
                                You give me too much credit. It was actually Colin who brought up toilets first. I was just playing along with his comparisons. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X