X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske and team visiting the White House

https://sports.yahoo.com/indy-500-wi...044842186.html

not a fan of Penske team but its good to see indy car visiting the president in the White House.

I love it when the Indy 500 winner gets to go to the White House. Very cool honor.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Penske looks remarkably natural speaking behind the Presidential Seal.
      Last edited by doitagain; 06-10-2019, 01:07 PM.
      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Troll it up if you want to lose posting privileges here
        There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain View Post
          Troll it up if you want to lose posting privileges here
          Well and swiftly played.
          "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

To quote Ferris Buehler playing the clarinet, "never had one lesson"
            There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

It’s cool that he called him in victory lane. Was the President watching the race?
              GO COLTS!!!

Comment

He was, and tweeted about it at the finish.
                "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by irnlsfan View Post
                  It’s cool that he called him in victory lane. Was the President watching the race?
                  Trump was a semi regular Indy 500 attendee back in the '80s and into the '90s; maybe even earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
                    I love it when the Indy 500 winner gets to go to the White House. Very cool honor.
                    I agree. I wonder why, according to the article, that last time was 2006. Should be every year, IMO, but there are probably a variety of practical/logistical reasons through out the active summer racing season?

Comment

Originally posted by Martyj View Post

I agree. I wonder why, according to the article, that last time was 2006. Should be every year, IMO, but there are probably a variety of practical/logistical reasons through out the active summer racing season?
                      I'm not sure why it was that long ago either. I remember the Buddy Rice trip back in 2004 as well, President Bush seemed to enjoy it from what i recall.

I do know that a lot of champions from different sports have rejected the White House's offer of a visit the last couple of years. I'm really glad that Team Penske and Pagenaud did accept the offer and went, it's a cool honor. I also didn't know our president was watching the race, that's pretty cool.

Side note: anybody have a clue if Pence still watched on TV? I know he is a huge '500 fan and even made the trip as a sitting Vice President one year (last year?).
                      World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by Martyj View Post

Probably just scheduling stuff. WH has X date open, but they're testing or something that day. Team has Y date open, WH has the Premier of Whateverstan visiting that day.
                        "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Whatever they want to do, they can do it. Whether a person is pro-Trump or against him the ultimate choice is down the indivisual or the team.
                          "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Comment

When they toured cities after Indy Qualifying Power and his car were at the White House. I believe Power had lunch with Pence. He posted a lot of videos and pictures, he seemed amazed.

Comment

CBS photo today:

D8ubpRTXsAA_SN6.png:large.png

Comment

Working...
                              X