Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade to fix search indexes

We will be upgrading www.trackforum.org at approximately 2019-05-21 14:30:00 Pacific Time. The site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete via Facebook and Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/TrackForum/
https://twitter.com/TrackForumLive
See more
See less

2019 Indianapolis 500 - Practice Day Two

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happens to the best of them. That wall has bit the best. Move on and learn from your mistakes.
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Originally posted by mattndallas View Post
      McClaren will be one of the three out.
      I think a Pensky will be one of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonW77 View Post

Wasn't one of the biggest problems creating lack of passing last year the extreme heat?.
        They were talking about it all month last year though. Heat might have made it even worse, but it was never going to be good regardless.

No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing View Post

Yes, because Rossi had a ton of trouble passing people last year
          He did.. the only passing he really did was 1-2 laps after restarts.. No one passed after that
          "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Where does one find a report on the no tow speeds?
            " You just don't know what Indy means " Little Al

Comment

Originally posted by PaddockMoose View Post
              Happens to the best of them. That wall has bit the best. Move on and learn from your mistakes.
              there are two types of drivers... those have hit the wall, and those who will. He will bounce back.
              World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Cosby View Post
                Where does one find a report on the no tow speeds?
                It's on T&S, a column labeled "NTS."

Comment

Nice to see Kaiser up to 12th
                  "We let bygones be under the bridge..." AJ Foyt

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Quesadilla View Post
                    Nice to see Kaiser up to 12th
                    And 5th on the no-tow
                    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by 11rowsof3 View Post

I said it could be a blessing because that primary car had some sort of electrical hiccup and the setup was bad from the get-go. Maybe the backup will be amazing.
                      Like Mario's 69 backup amazing!
                      "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

http://www.jacksracephotos.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Shake speare View Post

It's on T&S, a column labeled "NTS."
                        On what app or whose report online? Just have the Indycar App. Don’t see the NTS column available.
                        " You just don't know what Indy means " Little Al

Comment

Originally posted by Tadarida View Post
                          5.3.4.1. An Entrant’s Backup Car must remain on the transporter without an Engine installed. The Backup Car may only be removed, have an Engine installed and used in any on-Track activities during the Event with prior approval by INDYCAR.

I think the reason for this rule is the Chevy and Honda limit on engines. And maybe I missed the waiving, but uninstalling an engine from one car and moving it to another successfully is not a trivial job. It may eat into on-track time, which McLaren needs badly.
                          I've been told this is how they make sure there is no advantage to an entrant having two fully prepped cars for Carb Day (as well as events into the early summer), which they could use for A/B testing if they had two cars.

Starting on Carb Day (perhaps even the Monday after qualifying), each regular entrant has two engines: One for the 500 and the one they used to qualify. Until one dies or mileages out. Some of those regular entrants have two cars as well. And this rule prevents them from having an advantage over an entrant that only has one car.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Mackey View Post

The one about bump day heartbreaks that listed Hinchcliffe missing out last year as #1, ahead of Penske missing out in 1995 was dubious to say the least.
                            Penske shot himself in the foot. First the "Beast" had covered up the fact that their chassis was crap - and then when another team (teams, actually) loaned them chassis that were good enough to qualify, they promptly screwed up the setup on those!

As for Rahal - as I remember, Menard offered Gary B's backup to him. It was after Rahal turned it down that he offered it to Cheever - who put it into the show.
                            I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

On what app or whose report online? Just have the Indycar App. Don’t see the NTS column available.
                              If using your phone... you will get much more data by loading the website, then selecting 'Use Desktop Version' to get all the details. T&S on the app is kinda basic.

... now back to your cell Mr Cosby.

Comment

http://racecontrol.indycar.com
                                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Working...
                                X