Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade to fix search indexes

We will be upgrading www.trackforum.org at approximately 2019-05-21 14:30:00 Pacific Time. The site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete via Facebook and Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/TrackForum/
https://twitter.com/TrackForumLive
See more
See less

2019 Indianapolis 500 - Practice Day Two

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Indianapolis 500 - Practice Day Two

SCHEDULE (All times local):
    10 a.m.-6 p.m.: Public Gates Open
    11 a.m.-6 p.m.: Open practice

Another good-looking day, weather-wise. 230+ today?
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Originally posted by jp View Post
    Another good-looking day, weather-wise. 230+ today?
    Is that Kelvin?

Passing showers are currently missing IND to the southwest. Look for a mix of clouds and sun at IMS, with a light breeze and temps rising through the 60s (Fahrenheit) most of the day. Rain chances are minimal, but don't be too surprised by a brief morning rain shower.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

Is that Kelvin?

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Hope McLaren has their electrical issues sorted out.

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Kimball had a very good non tow speed. They have the speed in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
            Hope McLaren has their electrical issues sorted out.
            Heard reports this morning they changed the entire wiring harness overnight because they couldn't find the issue.

Comment

I've got my NBC Gold app fired up and ready to go. I actually think speeds will go down today as the teams that are capable of hitting the 230 mark i think will work on race setup more (just a guess). Top speed today will be mid 228, but i was way off yesterday so I wouldn't listen to me.

I too hope McLaren and Alonso are good today and get a ton of laps in.
              World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

with the issues McLaren have with their UK prepared car what do thy have to do to try out their Carlin US prepared car

Comment

An hour into practice, Kaiser tops the NTS chart 223.4

Comment

Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
                    An hour into practice, Kaiser tops the NTS chart 223.4
                    That is great news for them, I really hope they make the show. Only day 2, and very early in day two but looking pretty okay for them thus far, in terms of speed. I hope to see a sponsor on that car soon .
                    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Anybody getting a good sense of whether the cars will be able to race closer this year? Can a faster car actually get by the car in front?
                      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Anybody getting a good sense of whether the cars will be able to race closer this year? Can a faster car actually get by the car in front?
                        With the way Ed Jones is flying through this pack right now, maybe?

Comment

We need Thomas Schecter back and start him and Rossi on the back row.
                          "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                          "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                          "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Based on me sporadically watching yesterday from the office and watching from home today as I prepared for an afternoon Golf tourney, I would say yes.

I feel like I saw more passing in practice yesterday than I did all month last year

Robin Miller also said he feels like everyone can get much closer this year as well... Kevin and Anders emphatically concurred with him

I'm cautiously optimistic ...

Comment

Ouch! Nando!

Comment

Working...
                              X