X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twindy
    replied
    Originally posted by boilerdave View Post

Did figure out a way to distinguish between Hinchcliffe and Ericsson? Or are they identical?
    The easiest way to distinguish the difference is the helmet. Hinch wears a bright orange helmet. I was out there yesterday sitting by the pagoda and could see the orange coming out of turn 4.

Leave a comment:

• Calhoun
    replied
    Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post

The only downer to Gold has been the Top 5 lists, they have been really questionable.

The top 5 Indianapolis 500 finishes didn't have 1992 or 2006, but did have 1983. Simply bizarre.
    Sorry y'all aren't liking the top 5 lists. Except the one you're quoting wasn't the "Top 5 Finishes". It was the "Most Memorable 500 Finishes". I believe '82, '92, and '06 will all be in the "Closest Finishes", which will be a different feature. And for all the different categories, it was hoped there would be no duplication. Tried to get an many different clips as possible in all the features. Without looking at every list, I think the only one that appears twice is the '82 finish. How could you not have it in both most memorable and closest 500 finishes?

Same thing with the Andretti curse. Since 2006 is one of the closest, tried to pick some different ones for the curse.

But thanks for watching!

Leave a comment:

• penskefan4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Peabody View Post

Same issue with Chromebook and never found a solution after trying all suggestions, but a "real" laptop works well
    It's weird that it worked just fine on there for the first few races this year till now. The highlight videos work just fine though. It's just the full event replays and live stream stuff. Of course that's the one's I'm more interested in watching.

Leave a comment:

• RS2
    replied
    Or get a spotters guide.

Leave a comment:

• Jakester
    replied
    Originally posted by boilerdave View Post

Did figure out a way to distinguish between Hinchcliffe and Ericsson? Or are they identical?
    Ericcsson's 7 car has gold endplates on front and rear wings, Hinchcliffe's 5 are black.Ditto the camera pods on top of the roll hoop - 5 is black, 7 is gold.

Man, those numbers on the rear wings are tiny.

Leave a comment:

• boilerdave
    replied
    Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post

Kudos to the Steinbrenner/Harding team for putting their car number on the tire ramp. Amazing what a difference that makes. And the font they use on their number is not the easiest to read anyway but I could read it on their car. I found it very annoying to not be able to see a car number on every other car, even at the slowest of speeds. Why this has been let happen by Indy Car officials is beyond me. Put the damn number on the car somewhere (the tire ramp is the best place for them in speedway trim) so people can actually READ them. IMS public address spent the entire day identifying cars by their number "there's the 63 car at speed"....maybe it would make sense the paying customer could see it to know who they are talking about? End of rant.

Leave a comment:

• boilerdave
    replied
    Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
    Did anyone who saw Arie's run in 1996 think that track record would stand for 23 years and possibly all of time?
    I was there. I can't remember who we had baby sit my 6 month old daughter....we're taking here 1 y.o. son out to qualifying this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Peabody
    replied
    Originally posted by penskefan4ever View Post

Did reach out didn't get much help just things I already tried. I'm thinking it's an issue just on chromebooks with gold. Cause this was fine the last race weekend before the GP didn't have it open for the GP weekend till now.
    Same issue with Chromebook and never found a solution after trying all suggestions, but a "real" laptop works well

Leave a comment:

• Jim Wilke
    replied
    Originally posted by CrankShaft View Post
    Weather was about as perfect as you are gonna get. Cool, light wind, low humidity. Won't be like that this weekend when its going to be in the mid 80's with humidity.
    Thanks for all this detail. I appreciate the time you took to write this.

Leave a comment:

• vintage
    replied
    Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    Rossi car looks very good, able to do what he wants with it, is able to follow cars close and carry speed off the turns to get a good run on the straights.
    I am personally sick of them following Rossi around the track. He is clearly on the NBC playlist as a (the) story to build up.

Leave a comment:

• penskefan4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Mario4ever View Post

NBC Sports has a support link where you can reach out to them for help. They are pretty responsive.
    Did reach out didn't get much help just things I already tried. I'm thinking it's an issue just on chromebooks with gold. Cause this was fine the last race weekend before the GP didn't have it open for the GP weekend till now.

Leave a comment:

• Bobcat00
    replied
    re the unreadable car numbers: I look at the LED position sign, then look up that position on Timing & Scoring or the phone app to see who it is.

Leave a comment:

• SteveK51
    replied
    Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
    Did anyone who saw Arie's run in 1996 think that track record would stand for 23 years and possibly all of time?
    Arie's crew was recorded saying "we're gonna be in the record book a long time!" So I was pretty much at peace then and there that Arie's record may never be exceeded.

Leave a comment:

• CrankShaft
    replied
    Weather was about as perfect as you are gonna get. Cool, light wind, low humidity. Won't be like that this weekend when its going to be in the mid 80's with humidity.

Most cars looked well balanced and got up to speed easily. Most cars look well prepared.

Santino reminds me a lot of Karam in his first year at Indy. He's very bold, which could be a very good thing or it could eventually get him into trouble. He looked comfortable in traffic and running with the big boys.

Juncos got up to speed in a hurry. They ran 226 (with a big tow) in the afternoon session in 10 laps and parked it. They might not have much funding but its obvious Mr. Juncos has hired good people and have a car that's been put together correctly.

Thought the Clauson/Marshall team looked solid. Again for a brand new effort, I think they have put some good people in place. They are basically running on their own. They pit away from the Foyt team, if anyone thinks there's much involvement there. The one-off Chevy teams are all at the far north end of pit row. D&R, Juncos and Clauson/Marshall.

Pato O'Ward incured the wrath of officials when literally his first or second timed lap at speed in ROP was at 220 MPH. Son, that's only 10 MPH over where you're supposed to be at so back it down. And then never got close to passing the test because of car issues.

Marco's car is gorgeous. Davison's is really nice too. The NTT Data car is not attractive. The DragonSpeed team needs a lot of work in a lot of areas (it has a early IRL/midpack team look to them visually) and the car paint scheme is about as dull as it gets. The 42 car is pretty bland too. They couldn't find a way to use more gold somewhere?

Kudos to the Steinbrenner/Harding team for putting their car number on the tire ramp. Amazing what a difference that makes. And the font they use on their number is not the easiest to read anyway but I could read it on their car. I found it very annoying to not be able to see a car number on every other car, even at the slowest of speeds. Why this has been let happen by Indy Car officials is beyond me. Put the damn number on the car somewhere (the tire ramp is the best place for them in speedway trim) so people can actually READ them. IMS public address spent the entire day identifying cars by their number "there's the 63 car at speed"....maybe it would make sense the paying customer could see it to know who they are talking about? End of rant.

Good day and I thought slightly more people in attendance then usual for a mid-week opening day.

Leave a comment:

• Pole Day
    replied
    Made it in time for Happy Hour, Power looks strong.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X