2019 Indianapolis 500 - Practice Day One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post #92 tracker updated

Sounds like only Hanley and O' Ward need the track cleared for them to run.

By the way is the Saturday practice replacing Monday?
    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
      Will Power to 229.7
      I wonder if they might get to 232 for qualifying this year once they get the boost...i know non-tow is around 224-225 right now, but I have to think these new aero pieces are definitely picking up the pace.
      RIP Dan Wheldon :(

"Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon

"It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by SactoIndyFan View Post

I wonder if they might get to 232 for qualifying this year once they get the boost...i know non-tow is around 224-225 right now, but I have to think these new aero pieces are definitely picking up the pace.
        The aero pieces and low temps are likely picking up the pace with a tow, as they are able to both track and follow better through the corners plus, have more power. No tow speeds are mostly in the 222-224. I think qualifying speeds will completely depend on the temps. I would love to see today's weather repeat for this weekend.
        "It’s a four-turn road course. It’s not an oval, and there are four different corners there. If you are a good oval driver, it doesn’t matter there" -TK

Comment

• Did anyone who saw Arie's run in 1996 think that track record would stand for 23 years and possibly all of time?
          Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
            Did anyone who saw Arie's run in 1996 think that track record would stand for 23 years and possibly all of time?
            I knew it would be a few years with the new NA engines being introduced the next year but in no way thought it would be 23 years and counting.
            All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

• Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
              By the way is the Saturday practice replacing Monday?
              You mean the Sunday late afternoon practice? Sort of. But there's still a two-hour session Monday.
              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Why are the flags at Half-Staff?
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!!!". :D

Comment

• Sounds like everyone is cleared except O' Ward, who will go out at 10:20 tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Racepix View Post
                      Why are the flags at Half-Staff?
                      Recent passing of former Indiana Senator Richard Lugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by goner View Post

Recent passing of former Indiana Senator Richard Lugar.
                        Thank you.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!!!". :D

Comment

• Another shout out to the NBC Sports Gold coverage. Very good reporting, analysis, and overall coverage. Have learned alot with what i have been able to watch
                          All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

• Cars look a lot racier so far ... encouraged

Comment

• Originally posted by IndyRob View Post
                              Another shout out to the NBC Sports Gold coverage. Very good reporting, analysis, and overall coverage. Have learned alot with what i have been able to watch
                              I appreciated the close-up shot they had of Veach's car as they are starting to experiment with the wickers on the front wing.
                              World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

• Caution for Colton Herta, spun after exiting the pits entering the backstretch. Car appears to be okay, but the spin caused him to have flat tires
                                World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X