Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade to fix search indexes

We will be upgrading www.trackforum.org at approximately 2019-05-21 14:30:00 Pacific Time. The site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete via Facebook and Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/TrackForum/
https://twitter.com/TrackForumLive
See more
See less

500 practice - only NBC sports Gold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 practice - only NBC sports Gold?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but everything I am reading says that NBC Gold is the only way to watch 500 practice this year.
    Well this is just spoiled my whole week! I was so looking forward to streaming practice sessions on either YouTube or indycar.com, like in years past. I think it's a poor idea, when trying to build the series, to force people to pay to watch.

Yup. That's how they got me to finally fork over the $40 for Gold.

Comment

It's only $40. While it used to be free, it's not a big deal and it gives you access to IndyCar programming for the full year. NBC is stepping up big time for the series in general and the 500 in particular. Providing them a little extra revenue is a small price to pay. YMMV
      "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Coverage so far has been vastly superior to previous years. I’ve gotten my $40 worth already.
        "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Originally posted by jp View Post
          Coverage so far has been vastly superior to previous years. I’ve gotten my $40 worth already.
          Yep. Fully produced TV coverage. Lots of behind the scenes stuff like Herta's engine change at COTA on the weekend where he ended up winning. Looking forward to garage drama from Indy for the rest of the month.
          "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Just signed up. Watching Grand Prix practice replay just to try it out. The video keeps freezing up. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by JEffDoll View Post
              Just signed up. Watching Grand Prix practice replay just to try it out. The video keeps freezing up. Is anyone else having this problem?
              What device are you watching on? I watch Gold on a Sony Smart TV through FireStick and it is just about flawless.
              "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I've had gold for a little over a week now and haven't had a single issue. Maybe your internet service is slow?

Comment

PC or phone/tablet?

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Originally posted by intrepid29 View Post
                    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but everything I am reading says that NBC Gold is the only way to watch 500 practice this year.
                    Well this is just spoiled my whole week! I was so looking forward to streaming practice sessions on either YouTube or indycar.com, like in years past. I think it's a poor idea, when trying to build the series, to force people to pay to watch.
                    I get your point and even shared your position, but the Gold coverage is wildly better than what we had. It is very professional coverage. I was a little upset at first, but now that I've forked over the cash for Gold, I prefer what we have now over years gone by. This is better, way better.

Comment

I'm just trying to cast it off my phone. Is there a better way to watch it? I'm not tech savvy at all, but I can use some advice.

Comment

I'm just trying to cast it off my phone. Is there a better way to watch it? I'm not tech savvy at all, but I can use some advice.
                        That very well may be your issue. Try it on your PC.

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Thanks jp, I'll try that. I'm sure it's not the app.

Comment

The answers above are not correct. Here is the correct information:

Tues-Fri 5/14-17: NBC Sports Gold only
                            Sat 5/18: NBC Sports Gold until 5:00 PM, then NBCSN
                            Sun 5/19: NBC Sports Gold until 12:00 PM, then NBC/NBCSN (including afternoon practice)
                            Mon 5/20: NBCSN (practice)
                            Fri 524: NBCSN (practice and pit stop competition)

All this is shown on the IndyCar web site. Go take a look.

I'm not about to pay $40 for 5 days of programming, most of which I have to work and won't be able to watch anyway. I just had to pay $60 for medicine for my cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat00 View Post

I'm not about to pay $40 for 5 days of programming, most of which I have to work and won't be able to watch anyway. I just had to pay $60 for medicine for my cat.
                              The $40 gets you every practice session, qualifying and race replays (usually posted within 1-2 hours of the checkered flag) on IndyCar Pass for the ENTIRE season. Not just for the Indy 500. It is well worth the investment as others have noted. Excellent production quality for every session with the regular NBC crew providing commentary, insight and interviews.

Comment

Working...
                              X