Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A most ridiculous 2019 Indianapolis 500 weather thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A most ridiculous 2019 Indianapolis 500 weather thread.

Ill-advised but always fun!

Accuweather.com Raceday forecast updates:

3/12, 74 and sunny
    3/13, 72 and mostly sunny
    3/15, 68 and a thunderstorm in the area

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/in...monyr=5/1/2019
    Last edited by jp; 03-15-2019, 03:06 PM.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Thanks, I'm all ready now.
    I have my clothes picked out and made the potato salad.

Comment

Bomb cyclone coming! Hopefully clears before race day!

Comment

A week out the forecast will be for showers Saturday night, partial clearing in the morning and but no precipitation on the horizon until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. And it be as wrong as it usually is.
        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
        "They're criminals"
        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I am already waiting on Ren Butlers weather forecasts. He doesn't begin to post stuff like that until we even hit the month of May however.
          World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
            I am already waiting on Ren Butlers weather forecasts. He doesn't begin to post stuff like that until we even hit the month of May however.
            We need to focus on the weather for Austin.
            Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

You guys are 😂
              "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
              "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
              "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
                I posted something in this thread a few days ago using the old board, but it's missing.

Not a smooth transition, not by a long shot.
                The minimum safe following distance on the road is two seconds, no matter how important/skilled you feel you are. This doesn't change if you think the person in front of you is driving too slow. These truths are non-negotiable.

Comment

3/15, 68 and a thunderstorm in the area
                  "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

If we get rain on qual days again. We are going to run Ren Butler out of town like that weatherman was long ago!
                    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Originally posted by PaddockMoose View Post
                      If we get rain on qual days again. We are going to run Ren Butler out of town like that weatherman was long ago!
                      He made the mistake of trying to forecast a complete certainty -- something I would never do!

That's just not how weather forecasting works, no matter how much some hopelessly unforgiving people expect it to...
                      The minimum safe following distance on the road is two seconds, no matter how important/skilled you feel you are. This doesn't change if you think the person in front of you is driving too slow. These truths are non-negotiable.

Comment

Next thing ya know, it'll be dark out at night

Comment

Originally posted by PaddockMoose View Post
                          That guy wasn't run out of town because he was wrong, he was run out of town because of how disturbingly gleeful that he really was while providing said wrong forecast. He REALLY gave Channel 6 a LOT of ammo with that.

Comment

Responsive 1

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X