Michigan International Speedway tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan International Speedway tickets

Stopped in and bought mine today. Decent seats halfway up the main grandstand. Two adults and three kids in the gate for $87.00 w/tax! What a deal!

I asked the person working the counter how the ticket sales were going for the IRL event. They said that the sales were just really getting into gear and picking up quite nicely. Also said to me they were really surprised how many of thier loyal NASCAR fans were purchasing multiple tickets for the IRL event. (At this track they are NOT tied in with a forced NASCAR package.)

My friends, I am really beginning to be convinced that we are turning the corner on the fan base we have for so long been seeking. Even the "fendered friends" are finally realizing the quality show we can put on and not at $90.00 a ticket.

I just kind of jokingly said to the ticket person that they must be happy with the response so far and my guess was they are doing better with this new event than they have in the past with profits due to the sky high sanctioning fees of the former series and they smiled and indicated that was right on.

For those planning on attending I will post some hotel info here later.
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Well, all I know is that I have a number of friends and relatives who attended the KC IRL race on thier NASCAR "ticket packages." Despite the heat, they all (with one exception) enjoyed the show, and all of 'em plan to attend this year.

The one exception sold his seats. After seeing it on TV, and talking to some people, he decided that HIS butt was going to be in his seat this year...

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Racewriter ]
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Thats exactly the kind of stuff that proves we are gaining fans because they are finally realizing what a great show and value we have.
      Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

I have been thinking I would just wait until race weekend and buy my tickets, maybe that isn't such a good idea!

I am "planning" on attending all three days...I hope my "plan" holds!

Comment

Testing 1 2 3
          Keeping You Alert Since 12-01-2000!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X