C7- Purple Mountain Majesty Silver Bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7- Purple Mountain Majesty Silver Bullet

C7, last night I send an email to Hemelgarn Racing voicing support for your artwork. I got a reply back from Rhonda Hemelgarn this morning saying that she was forwarding it to the team. Then I got another reply back from Ron Hemelgarn this afternoon. He said it was Coors Light's request for a predominately silver car. He agreed the purple scheme was beautiful, but it limits the exposure for his other sponsors.

This is what I love about the IRL. I didn't really expect a reply, especially not that quick.

Good job C7.

Here's what I got:

I thank you for your input on the paint scheme for Buddy's #91 car. However, the sponsors dictate the colors and layout. Coors Light, as the primary sponsor, requested a predominately silver car for the 2002 season.

Also, as an owner, I must allow for adequate space to identify all associate sponsors. I agree that the mountain show car is very beautiful but it limits the exposure for the many associate sponsors on Buddy's car. It is all of those sponsors that help pay the bills.

Thank you for your continued support of Buddy and the Hemelgarn team.

Sincerely,

Ron Hemelgarn
    Hemelgarn Racing
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Man. Exact same email that I got. Obviously, the one he sent to me was the original. Don't you feel a bit slighted knowing that you got a form letter copied from the one sent to me? I'll bet you thought it was a personal reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfboy:
        <STRONG>Man. Exact same email that I got. Obviously, the one he sent to me was the original. Don't you feel a bit slighted knowing that you got a form letter copied from the one sent to me? I'll bet you thought it was a personal reply.</STRONG>
        Naw, not in the least. In fact, we maybe ought to compare times sent - for all you know, YOU got the copy.
        "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up everyone ! Mr. Hemelgarn's points are valid, unfortunately.

I still feel it would be a great "look" for at least One race. A Special Promotion for say the PPIR race.

At least we tried, and our opinions were given proper considersation. God Bless the IRL .
          "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
          - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

LOL Racewriter ~ Touche`
            "I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spotted some land" ~Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

A rampart is a bulwark!

Comment

C7, don't give up. See what you can come up with that would still fit in their parameters. Even if not chosen, it would give you some good exposure for your talent. And try some other teams and sponsors as well. Anyone with talent like yours shouldn't be limited to only one "masterpiece."
              Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Lucky161,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not
                sure if the word masterpiece applies here though. The image did already exist, and I just "tweaked" it a bit to reflect Hemelgarn's Purple color. You will see some more of my "tweaking" in the future.

Retouching images is one part of my job, and "tweaking" images of Indy Cars is a great way for me to apply my skills to my favorite recreation.

I may do some more work on "The Purple Mountain" image as far as adding in Delta, Tae-bo and other associate sponsors, but we do not want to become nusciance to Mr. Hemelgarn and his race team. After all they were kind enough not only to reply to our emails, but to reply with an explanation of their position.

Thanks
                "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
                - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X