New films for Thursday night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New films for Thursday night...

I have received word from the two fine ladies that have done so much to provide us with material for our classic films nite that this Thursday could be very interesting.

"Mother Duck", be sure to ask her how she acquired that handle, has once again come up with a couple of never before seen promotional flicks, one from Ford and another made in the forties by a local welding distributer. Rare stuff indeed.

Plus some new fifties video that I am a little short on the details of .

Brenda, the hardest working woman in the beverage business has again been forced to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to bring us the 1970 and 74 Indianapolis 500s.

See Big Al lead Mark Donohue, Dan Gurney, and Donnie Allison to the checkers in 1970 for his first win. Lloyd Ruby in the midst of his streak of heartbreakers charges from 25th to the front only to be black flagged. A true all star field with drivers from F1 and Nascar joining the usuall suspects.

1974 was the year of the first boost limits which brought the Foyt V8 back into contention. AJ wins the pole but Lone Star JR charges from 25th to claim his first Indy win. This field represents probably the only time Jim Hurtubise and Jan Opperman took the green together..

BTW, the Twin 125s will be live from Daytona for the lunch crowd, so if a few of us are speaking in tongues by the time the films start you'll know why...

Bring someone your mother warned you about..

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Railbird ]
    "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Not to be missed...
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird:
      <STRONG>See Big Al lead Mark Donohue, Dan Gurney, and Donnie Allison to the checkers in 1970 for his first win. Lloyd Ruby in the midst of his streak of heartbreakers charges from 25th to the front only to be black flagged. </STRONG>
      Gosh, Bird, you spoiled the ending!
      "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

My mom has always warned me about myself. See you there.

The visitor from the south.

Comment

bump

beer and racefilms!
          "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X