X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian's Wish Fundraiser

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    INDIANAPOLIS-February 6, 2002

Fundraising Event to benefit Brian’s Wish and ALS also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease

EVENT
    Brian’s Wish Runoffs at RACERS

WHEN
    Tuesday February 19th 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM

WHERE
    RACERS European-Style Go-Kart Racing at Union Station, 302 S. Meridian St., Downtown Indianapolis

BRIAN’S WISH
    Brian is a race fan in the St. Vincent's Hospice in Indianapolis. A grass roots effort started by his primary caregiver
    and picked up by race fans at www.trackforum.com has resulted in the Brian’s Wish program - www.brianswish.com.
    Thanks to this grassroots effort many drivers, including Eddie Cheever, Sarah Fisher and Robbie Buhl have visited Brian
    at the hospice. Also it is expected that almost every starter in the 2002 Indianapolis 500 will carry a special Brian's Wish
    decal. Brian's Wish is for an increased awareness of the disease ALS and an increased effort to finding a cure for the
    disease. Thanks to Brian and the racing community steps are being taken to make Brian's Wish come true.

BRIAN’S WISH RUNOFFS
    Race for fast lap time in 8-kart, 20-lap heats on the 300-meter road course and 6-kart, 30-lap races on the high-speed oval.

Spectators can make donations with 100% being donated to Brian’s Wish.

Drivers can race for $20 per race with 50% being donated to Brian’s Wish.

Drivers with fastest 3-laps on each track will go to the podium for an Olympic-style medal ceremony with Bronze, Silver and
    Gold medals being awarded. Spectators and drivers will have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the night.

This event is open to the public. RACERS is an all adult facility with the minimum age being 18 years.

For More Information: www.brianswish.com, www.tracksidelive.net, www.trackforum.com, www.racerskarting.com

Nice job, Matt. Any chance of putting pics on the brianswish site?

This is not morbid curiosity, but I think some of us would be interested in seeing a picture of Brian - maybe one taken a couple years ago - whatever is appropriate and agreeable to Brian. I, for one, would like very much to put a face to his name.

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: oldtimer ]

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: oldtimer ]

Comment

Comment

The policy with media is that we are not to take photos

But he is proud of his photo with Sarah (he has one with Eddie too but likes to show off the one of him with Sarah).

I will ask if it might be permissable to get a copy of that photo

Comment

I hear Dave Wilson will promote this on WIBC beginning tomorrow

And it is to be included in the IRL weekly notebook this week.

Comment

Any ringers we should know about ahead of time? Other than Mandi?

Comment

Ok guys, I've told at least 10 people about this, including another female go kart racer. Get the word out, let's bring a herd.

Comment

Brian's family is supposed to attend and they are putting the word out thru the ALS community.
                Also they say a number of Brian's friends from out of town are going to attend.

Comment

top floor please . . .

Comment

I was at RACERS last night and they have rental helmet cams now... $20 and you can walk out with your race on VHS...

If all oes well they will uprade and put the races on DVD...

Comment

Going Up!

"AB"
                      In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Top floor, Please!
                        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Brian's Wish
                          Artemis Images
                          TrackForum Store
                          TrackForum store 2

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...