Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the new CART proposals that looked cool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the new CART proposals that looked cool...

was the qualifying order rule (at ovals).

This was a proposal where the "draw" for qualifying order would be based on the week's fastest lap speeds. Therefore, the fastest cars during practice would be held until last, building some drama during qualifying.

However, I do understand that this may make it harder for TV coverage, since it would be hard to break for commercial during any of the last 10 runs.

Feedback?
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

I kinda liked that idea myself.

It wouldn't be that hard, or that bad, to insert a "TV break" into the qualifying schedule, at least on ovals.
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm sure they've done that in the past, because I enjoyed it and thought it was a good idea then.

Comment

A few years ago they put that rule into place, and it made for some very exciting qualifying sessions For some reason, in 2002 all qualifying was done by points standings. I'm glad they're going back to practice speeds in 2002.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X