Panther pit stops ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther pit stops ...

are going to lose the championship for Sam.

They'd better step it up a notch or settle for 3rd place.

Beaten by a first year IRL team hands down.

And what was that start-stop-remove-the-fuel-hose stop?
    Sifaka

Sif,

I was thinking the same thing. It seems Team Panther has always had problems with pit stops and I don't know if it is Sam or the team.

I remember last year Sam had problems with pit stops. The difference is that the competition this year has been pushed up a notch and Sam can not just go out on the track and make up for a bad pit stop like he use to be able to.

Outlaw

Comment

Okay Siffy I'll bite, although you do make it too easy.

Yes, Ive said all along that Panther needs to do much more practicing with their crew on pit stops. They aren't very good and will always have at least one bad stop each race.

Now for your cute comment about a first year IRL team (and I'm sure that you thought that it was quite clever) : Do they not make pit stops in CART, and wasn't team Penske the CART champion for the past two years, and weren't they considered the best crew in CART, and haven't Roger Penske's teams always been known for perfect pit stop execution, strategy and preparedness?

So what does the fact that this is their first year in the IRL have to do with the price of tea in China?

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: TinPusher ]
      "they(NASCAR fans) know the difference between George Mack and Tony Stewart" - hdolan 8/31/02

Comment

Hey TP

Sif may well have been talking about Blaire, at least that was the first thing that popped to my mind. Second year team, first year IRL.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: Railbird ]
        "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by TinPusher:
          Okay Siffy I'll bite, although you do make it too easy.

Yes, Ive said all along that Panther needs to do much more practicing with their crew on pit stops. They aren't very good and will always have at least one bad stop each race.
          That's not a bite, that's a swallow
          Sifaka

Comment

I recall Scott Goodyear said that the clutch was the reason the car lurched forward while they were still refueling.

To get the clutch to engage, Sam had to "pump it up". Which sounds rather like a hydrulics problem or a very silly Saturday Night Live Skit.

Comment

Congratulations Sif, that was well thought out. Deflection was your only course of action in order to retire with dignity. In the old days you would have lashed out in futility and I would have screwed you into the ground. You are becoming wiser grasshopper.
              "they(NASCAR fans) know the difference between George Mack and Tony Stewart" - hdolan 8/31/02

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X