Vitor and Laurent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitor and Laurent

What happened? From LT&S my guess is that Redon spun and hit the wall, and Meira had slight contact with Redon while trying to avoid the wreck. However, could someone who was at the track or saw it TV please explain what they saw?

-StatMan
    Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Back end came around coming out of the turn. Meira did a very good job keeping it off the wall but came down a little as he was collecting the car. Redon dove low to go under him but ended up clipping the nose off the Menard car. Redon ended up in the wall supposedly while Meira came in to the pits and got a new nose.
    Dan Schlosser
    Go fast, turn left !
    www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
    Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Vitor lost it in turn 2, did a lazy spin, missed the wall and was sliding back toward the bottom of the track. Redon ran over his nose as Vitor was sliding down the track.

It was a wreck that could have been a WHOLE lot worse than it was.

Does anyone know if Redon tried to slow down? It looked like he was going pretty fast when he hit Vitor.
      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

It looked like (on TV) Redon didn't slow down much, but tried to slip through a hole that just was closing up.

Comment

Vitor did one heck of a good job keeping his car from hitting anything solid. He could very well be a new IRL star given a few more races.

Comment

Where I was at the track I couldn't see Laurent's car and didn't even know it was involved. I know it was Vitor and then went and got the scanner freq. to listen to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks:
              <STRONG>
              It was a wreck that could have been a WHOLE lot worse than it was.

.</STRONG>
              Yeah, in a Zanardi/Phillipe Gauche sort of way.
              Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

I have not had time to look at the replay, but it sure seemed to be a long time from the time Vitor went into a spin to the time Laurent hit him. Assuming his spotter told him about the incident asap, I would have thought he had more time to slow down.

I did have thoughts about Alex as well after seeing the incident.

Comment

Maybe Laurent and spotter or just one thought Vitor would stay high or hit the wall. I haven't see the race on tv but saw the little bit of the accident at the end of the race when I was looking at it last night (I was making sure it recorded). Al Jr thought Anthony Lazzaro would go down to the pit wall and didn't and he got involved with the accident during final practice. Wish they would move final practice to the day before so teams with damages don't have to rush to put it back together or not race.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X