ESPN's race coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's race coverage

was one of the absolute WORST broadcasts I have ever seen for a race. How many commercials do we need in the last part of the race? Could somebody clue in Page on who is passing who for position?

They missed SO much it is not even funny. The key moment of the race when Barron made the attempt for the lead on the restart was completely botched with a commercial break taken AFTER the green had just been shown. Thank goodness I had the radio broadcast on so I could figure out what was going on.

ABC/ESPN ought to be ashamed for that display of "coverage". I hope some higher-ups in the IRL were watching (or trying to watch).

BTW, is it "Vitor" or "Victor"??? ABC/ESPN sure can't seem to figure it out.
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

you , are correct sir.

it was horrible. especially breaking away with no warning on that last restart when it looked like alex was taking the lead.

and all this tomas scheckter butt kissing from goodyear. oh yeah poor tomas can't stand to watch this race he wants to be out there.
    I was about ready to puke at that one.
    It's a brand new day.

Comment

The coverage was bad as usual.

At least ESPN showed the race. ABC decided 2 hours of infomercials would be more interesting.
      If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

What?? You wouldn't rather watch infomercials??

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Honey, I think I broke the washing machine.

It's getting worse, isn't it?

Comment

Someone in the truck pushed the wrong button, it was a mistake, stuff happens, I could live with that. Then the screw up was compounded by the fact that they failed to bail out on the commercial right away, that is where they were way wrong. I expected to see Barron in the wall when they returned, great save. A week ago I predicted a "Penske dominated stinker," fortunately, Barron added some suspense.

After Kentucky I suggested that no one with a Chevy had anything for Giaffone. When I reviewed the tape I saw that about the time Sam would almost execute a pass he would hit the limiter, IMO, they had missed on the gear. Poncho was on the radio trying to help Sam work around the problem.

Looks like today, in addition to missing on the setup, Panther may have missed on the gear again. They missed on the gear at Phoenix too, before Sam tore the gearbox up.

Comment

That was the worst,,, period...

I don't know what the agenda is,,, but Defendo,,, is right...

My biggest complaint,,,not enough commericals,,, I could of stood another 20 or 30... What a joke...

I pay 90.00 buck's a month for this nonsense,,, from Dish Net Work... I want more commerical's,,, Dish,,,and I want to pay a little more....

Now some one will ask,,,,"I wonder why no sponsor's step up to the plate,,, in the IRL"...

What a great race,,, to flock up... Sad...

Now,,,, let's all knock Defendo around again,,,just because he's 100% right,,, and let's delete a few post's....
              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

The race was much better than the coverage.
                Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

I left the room for a few minutes and when i came back in, there was a cartoon on. I thought, those idiots, accidental commercial and now a cartoon. Turns out my kid came in unbeknownst to me and flipped the channel. Really bad coverage, it's getting worse. And why run the "Ride with me commercials when the race is on, those should have been running the week previous on STL local stations which I never did see.
                  Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Was it me, or was the audio all srewed up?
                    Half the time I couldn't hear the cars, and
                    that is not possible. I give
                    it a D+.
                    "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                    With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Didn't we "contract" for the same coverage the next few years?
                      Could we (or sponsors) "pay" money to get better?
                      Honda and Toyota will not like this kind of tv product.

As for infomercials
                      do the math
                      infomercials = 1.7
                      roadracers on ovals = .9

carl s
                      Indio, CA
                      Better times are on the way!
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I thought maybe it was just me, but I guess not.

First, IRL today needs to be the prerace show right before the race broadcast.

Will someone tell the producer that we don't need Gary Gerould on with a feature as the field is coming to the green!

Page gets worse and worse, and now he seems to be infecting Scott Goodyear as well. We need Bob Jenkins back in the booth. Page is a shill who has no clue as to what is going on during the races. Funny thing is, when Page was part of the 500 radio network, he wasn't as bad. Maybe that's his forte, radio.

At least he's not as bad as Bob Varsha.

But this telecast was about the worst.
                        "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Negatives: Entirely too much Scheckter butt kissing. 40 laps into the race, and Page says, "And the major story here continues to be the absence of Tomas Sheckter." Hey Paul, there's a race going on.

Positive: The brief footage of all the lead lap cars late in the race addressed a complaint some of us have had, that being a driver having a good run and never getting on camera.
                          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by TxIndyFan:
                            <STRONG>The coverage was bad as usual.

At least ESPN showed the race. ABC decided 2 hours of infomercials would be more interesting.</STRONG>
                            I had Golf on ABC duting the race.
                            Preserving America's oval track tradition:
                            1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by carl s:
                              <STRONG>Didn't we "contract" for the same coverage the next few years?
                              Could we (or sponsors) "pay" money to get better?
                              Honda and Toyota will not like this kind of tv product.

As for infomercials
                              do the math
                              infomercials = 1.7
                              roadracers on ovals = .9

carl s
                              Indio, CA
                              Better times are on the way!</STRONG>
                              You mean paying for broadcast time is now a good thing for the IRL, and still bad for CART?

Just want to get this straight.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X