IRL,time to speak out!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRL,time to speak out!!!!

After the dismaying,utterly mindboggling malicious remark made by Rahal on the safety of the IRL,I say again,it is time for the IRL to go on the offensive!!

This latest comment is the last straw for me.Many will know me as one who hopes for the demise of CART,now I will absolutely pray for their[rapid]demise.Has there ever been a more arrogant group of criminals,short of the Gambino's?

Anyway,time for the IRL to get down and dirty.They have taken the highroad too long.Libelous remarks like this must be refuted.There is no shortage of ammunition to assult CART with,let's use it!
    ...the spice must flow.....

Hey, dude, there's a race on TV.

Comment

Thanks to ABC/ESPN, we have lots of time to post while they are at commercial during green flag racing... :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble:
        [QB]

Has there ever been a more arrogant group of criminals,short of the Gambino's?

QB]
        And what, pray tell, have they done?

Thats kind of slanderous is it not???

Comment

What did he say?
          Nevermind, I saw it.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: stnkypete ]

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble:
            <STRONG>After the dismaying,utterly mindboggling malicious remark made by Rahal on the safety of the IRL,I say again,it is time for the IRL to go on the offensive!!</STRONG>
            Not every one of us know every utterance by every person in every racing series. Care to remind us what he said?
            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP:
              <STRONG>

Not every one of us know every utterance by every person in every racing series. Care to remind us what he said?</STRONG>
              Bobby Rahal:
              “I’ve said it before and, unfortunately the record proves it . . . I think it’s a very dangerous series. Davey Hamilton, Richie Hearn . . . Jason Priestley had about as much business being in one of those cars (Infiniti Pro Series) as my 13-year-old son. These cars aren’t stock cars, they are fast race cars and when I’m at Indianapolis I worry every time a guy I’m close to goes out in one of my cars.”
              Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

you know it's been one thing to have cart FANS being mean spirited and just plain ugly on some internet boards since 1996.

but now to have the team owners acting like that, and I refer to rahal and barry green this year as examples, things must be really much worse than I thought.

really as an IRL fan I wish CART well, having been to the USGP 2wice now I 've gained an appreciation of real road racing and I 'd like to go to a few CART events.

what did barry say, well he said sponsors should think twice about what they're getting involved in with the irl, after he didn't like the way his indy500 appeal was handled.

insinuating that he wasn't treated fairly.

well he was. the incar yellows come instantly. tracy knew the yellow was out and the racing was over he had nothing to lose by going around helio.

the whole thing stunk but there was no reason for a guy I thought had class to insinuate that the IRL fixed the outcome for helio.

it was wrong and what rahal said was plain ugly .

and it's unfortunate, because the only way to refute his claims would be to make some comparisons in safety records that would bring up some incidents that happened during cart races that most of us would rather not.

really lousy thing to do rahal.
                It's a brand new day.

Comment

Looks like Bobby should stay away from Indy, an event that made him a "name." Just another ingrate, like Mario, who doesn't know which side his bread is buttered on.Looks like Bobby should stay away from Indy, an event that made him a "name." Just another ingrate, like Mario, who doesn't know which side his bread is buttered on.

Comment

I have never liked Rahal, and this gives
                    me another reason why. :mad:
                    "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
                    With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Didn't Rahal put Mike Borkowski in an open wheel car?

Comment

Well, part of the Rahal quote deals with the "500." If he doesn't want to "endanger" his driver(s), let him tend his garden in Columbus.
                        But the ultimate checkup is that he was CART's president and cut the ultimately embarrassing deal at Texas. So much for Bobby and safety.
                        He has little room to "play the safety card," which, in the Scheckter case, is only a legal move to get him out of his contract. Scheckter walked away from eight crashes.
                        "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

1) Rahal is losing Shell

2) Saw multiple Shell advertisements on the IRL broadcast.
                          I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Well to be fair the tail ends of the IRL cars are too hard. Next year the cars are new so his comments may not apply.

That said, RACING is DANGEROUS. I don't care if it's Cart, IRL, NASCAR, sprints or karts. It's a dangerous sport. So to have a car owner in one series say that another is dangerous is splitting hairs. Truely they are all dangerous. Plus he mentioned NASCAR like IT'S safe.

Rahal is a bitter man because Cart lost the war. Maybe the ALMS is safe enough for Bobby...

Comment

Originally posted by silva:

Rahal is a bitter man because Cart lost the war. Maybe the ALMS is safe enough for Bobby... [/QB]

Rahal has a short memory.

Last year there was this same kind of talk coming from the CART camp after Davey got hurt, but they all went silent with Alex' sad accident. I hope all the finger pointing doesn't come back to bite them again. I'm not being a smart*** either. I really never want to see anyone get hurt, but stupid talk can bring it on you. I wish he would just shut up and not bring on any self-fufilling prophecies.
                              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X