The Scheckter "Safety" Concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scheckter "Safety" Concern

I talked to Tomas at Michigan and he was really hacked off about the crew situation (his crew moving to Buddy and the #53) and getting a "new crew" for MIS. He told me then (on tape) that he didn't feel too safe getting a thrown-together crew so Cheever could run three cars. Obviously it didn't bother him too much, since he won, but, that may put some insight as to what this "safety" situation is.

old news, there was a race after that, anything new?

Comment

It obviously wasn't the car , as evidenced by the ride Buddy gave it today . I think he's still pouting because he didn't get the word from Airton his tire was going down at the last race . Wonder how they ever raced without radios .....
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

I think if Tomas truly believes that the team withheld information about a blistered tire, then it probably is the best thing for him to not race with them any longer.

Comment

With a driver who has shown a propensity for hitting everything but the Race Queen,it would certainly make sense to withold information that would reveal a potentially dangerous situation.I'm certain that Team Cheever enjoys nothing more than fixing Tomas' busted up race cars.Yeah right.

Give it up Tomas.You are the reason for the wrecks,not the team.If there is an unsafe condition,it's because you are trying to manage a million dollar's worth of talent with a 10 cent brain.

Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Think Eddie's right on this part, that Tomas is being "managed" by a bunch of hangers-on and lawyers. The "safety concerns" are no more than a legal maneuver to get him out of his contract.
            "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

The safety concerns are a smokescreen. He needed a reason so he threw out a hot button issue.

Obviously it's pretty safe to race in the IRL or Tomas would have gotten hurt along the way (sorry of course that Lazier did).

Comment

Last I checked, blistered tires are as often as not a result of overdriving the car lap after lap which tomas has to look no further then a mirror to see waht his "safety issues" should be.

Comment

Maybe Shecky's safety issue was that Eddie threatened to beat the $%#% out of him if he broke another race car!
                  I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford:
                    <STRONG>I talked to Tomas at Michigan </STRONG>
                    Well as a matter of fact I did too. I told him to go kick some arse. To which he replied "Oh, I will". Sometimes you can't help but like someone that is so freakin arrogant. If you are wondering what is wrong with me it gets worse. I have been a PT fan since 93.

Of course Scheckter not showing up for the race has lessened that for me.

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: IndyIRLman ]
                    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

He knew he would be a safety concern to everyone else at a track like Gateway...he'll be back at the HP tracks if he can. Back in the wall that is...
                      Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Originally posted by slinger:
                        <STRONG>With a driver who has shown a propensity for hitting everything but the Race Queen
                        </STRONG>

He has shown a propensity for hitting on the Race Queen...

Funny, most of the comments about Tomas Scheckter are similar to those made about his father after his wreck-strewn 1973 season.
                        "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X