Bud Dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Dollars

Budweiser,The King of Beers, says they still may end up with Galles and Little Al as a secondary sponsor for the year, if Galles finds a primary sponsor. If not, look for Bud to stick with Little Al as a secondary sponsor where ever he lands, possibly Foyt.

Thanks for the update Bill.
    Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

Very much appreciate the update. Finally some facts.

WB, do you know what the real story is with respect to why the primary sponsorship deal for Al/Galles fell through?

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: mario ]

Comment

without a link to an IRL team, there won't be any "Bud for you" at IMS, in the consession stands, and, at one time, even the suites, unless you brought your own.

Comment

thanks for the info. i thought bud didn't want to deal with al? has something changed or did i misunderstand everyones thoughts earlier?

Comment

I think I heard somewhere there was a conflict between Bud and Phillip Morris. Since PM owns both Marlboro and Miller, IIRC, it had something to do with Al not being free of his ties to PM yet and therefore couldn't sign with Bud.

Comment

I think I heard somewhere there was a conflict between Bud and Phillip Morris. Since PM owns both Marlboro and Miller, IIRC, it had something to do with Al not being free of his ties to PM yet and therefore couldn't sign with Bud.
              Al had sponsorship from Bud last year, I can't imagine them having problems with it a year later:

Comment

I agree. It makes whats happened very puzzling.

Comment

The Bud deal last year was with Galles as a team, not with Al personally. The problem is Bud having a personal services agreement with Al. There is some Bud money floating around, but it may or may not wind up with Al. Several teams are angling for it.

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Fueler ]

Comment

...and hopefully Fueler with land with it! (All the best, pal.)

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

"There is some Bud money floating around, but it may or may not wind up with Al."

I suppose thats technically true, but "Bill Wicker" works for Bud and (I believe) would only have posted his original statements if he had reliable info that Bud prefers to stick with Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Wicker:
                        <STRONG>Budweiser,The King of Beers, says they still may end up with Galles and Little Al as a secondary sponsor for the year, if Galles finds a primary sponsor. If not, look for Bud to stick with Little Al as a secondary sponsor where ever he lands, possibly Foyt.</STRONG>
                        Hey Bill, why doesn't A-B seek out someone they like to give them sponsorship for their Red Bull competition, 180? It would seem to me that with 2 of their competitors, especially Red Bull, now prominently sponsoring someone that they wouldn't want to be left behind. Heck, A-B could give Bud sponsorship to one team or driver and 180 to another.
                        The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey Bill, why doesn't A-B seek out someone they like to give them sponsorship for their Red Bull competition, 180? It would seem to me that with 2 of their competitors, especially Red Bull, now prominently sponsoring someone that they wouldn't want to be left behind. Heck, A-B could give Bud sponsorship to one team or driver and 180 to another.
                          When is the last time Budweiser put up significant $$ for any open wheel racing team? (For that matter, prior to Dale Jr., when was the last time Bud put up significant $$ for any racing team?)

Bud has almost always been "in the show" but has rarely been the primary sponsor of a front-running team. Getting them to properly fund one team is difficult, getting them to fund two would be darn near impossible!

Comment

Gee, I guess you could consider beer a competitor of energy drinks.

Originally posted by BuckeyeDave:
                            <STRONG>

Hey Bill, why doesn't A-B seek out someone they like to give them sponsorship for their Red Bull competition, 180? It would seem to me that with 2 of their competitors, especially Red Bull, now prominently sponsoring someone that they wouldn't want to be left behind. Heck, A-B could give Bud sponsorship to one team or driver and 180 to another.</STRONG>
                            Peter Olivola ([email protected])
                            "Too dumb for opera
                            too smart for NASCAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Olivola:
                              <STRONG>Gee, I guess you could consider beer a competitor of energy drinks.

</STRONG>
                              Only if you grind up a little of that Vivarin and put in it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X