Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili Bowl Telecast Reminder

Tonite (Saturday 1/19/2), 2000 (8pm) ET, ESPN2

All you people wasting your money going to Winston Cup races, you should come to the Chili Bowl and see some real racing.” Tony Stewart, after finishing 2nd to Cory Kruseman in the third preliminary event of the Chili Bowl. (courtesy National Speed Sport News)

It just means a lot, coming and winning this race. The guys here are some of the best race drivers in the world...there are a lot of guys in this building who have the skill to sit on the front row at the Indianapolis 500 or the Daytona 500 and they would do just fine.” Tony Stewart after winning the 16th annual Chili Bowl. (courtesy NSSN)

"The last five laps were as good as I've ever seen.” Larry Rice, former USAC national midget champion and Indianapolis 500 co-Rookie of the Year (with Rick Mears) on the Chili Bowl finale.

Re: the successful future of the Indy Racing League as a series - Does the IRL keep doing for the next five years what it’s done in the last, or does it focus on showcasing the deepest talent pool in American motorsports – open wheel, oval short trackers?

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: eyer ]

Thanks, eyer! Just set a reminder for it!
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

top!

"But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
      the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
      -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Thanks Eyer.

Comment

Originally posted by eyer:
          <STRONG>Re: the successful future of the Indy Racing League as a series - Does the IRL keep doing for the next five years what it’s done in the last, or does it focus on showcasing the deepest talent pool in American motorsports – open wheel, oval short trackers?

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: eyer ]</STRONG>
          Depends on whether they want to succeed, eyer. If they do, we know the answer to that question. If not, uh, "Hello, Mr. DeVries...Glad you could make it..."
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X